Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Co-Branded Product Changes

tag
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

Chase Co-Branded Product Changes

Does anybody know if Chase will allow a product change from a co-branded credit card to one of their own credit cards? (e.g. United MileagePlus Explorer to Chase Sapphire Preferred)

I believe that this was a no-go in the past but wanted to check here and see if anyone has had success in a similar situation.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Kellan
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Co-Branded Product Changes

@GeneralCucumbre wrote:

Does anybody know if Chase will allow a product change from a co-branded credit card to one of their own credit cards? (e.g. United MileagePlus Explorer to Chase Sapphire Preferred)

I believe that this was a no-go in the past but wanted to check here and see if anyone has had success in a similar situation.

What I read on the forums is it depends on the co-branded card. United has a deal with chase not to allow PC. But not all the co-branded cards do. 

EQ: 678
TU: 699
EX: 736
Message 2 of 29
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I know I can't PC Amazon. Just save the credit limit to add to new card, or use to open new card if reached Chase internal limit.
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

never pc to a csp. you're missing out on 40k points.
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GeneralCucumbre wrote:

With Chase, it will depend on the type of card you have that you want to PC.  Some cards cannot be changed.  But the best way is to send them a secure message or ring them get the best answer.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would you want to do that? You would miss out on the CSP signup bonus. PCing only makes sense if it's to a card that doesn't have a signup bonus.

Message 6 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why would you want to do that? You would miss out on the CSP signup bonus. PCing only makes sense if it's to a card that doesn't have a signup bonus.

+1 

PC to the slate if you can, get a free FICO score, and signup for the CSP in a new app, gaining you 40,000 UR points (worth, at minimum, $400) 

Message 7 of 29
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 

PC to the slate if you can, get a free FICO score, and signup for the CSP in a new app, gaining you 40,000 UR points (worth, at minimum, $400) 

They're worth even more if you're trying to transfer them to airline and hotel partners. 1 to 1 point transfers FTW.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 29
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 

They're worth even more if you're trying to transfer them to airline and hotel partners. 1 to 1 point transfers FTW.

Rumor mill has it that southwest might be going away.

Signature needs updating
Message 9 of 29
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 

I recently had a CSP that I closed and opened up the United MPE, so I don't think I would be eligible for the signup bonus.  Also, I just didn't want to apply for another account.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.