Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Combined Credit Limits

tag
BlueHusky
Contributor

Chase - Combined Credit Limits

I combined the CL of my Chase Slate and new Chase Freedom...and the lady at customer service said my account would essentially be closed, and the CL added to my new Freedom. Does that mean my "Member Since" going to be 2012 and I've just my 6 year old Slate card in my AAoA? I just logged onto my Chase account and it already says "This account is closed and no longer available for use"

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase - Combined Credit Limits

Both cards will be counted in your AAoA;  FICO factors both closed and open accounts in this.

If your chase freedom was opened this year then, yes, it won't reflect the old history of your older Slate card.   But the Slate will still show on your CRs as a positive & closed account.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Maybe too late now but I'm curious why you didn't move the Freedom CL over to Slate and then do a product change from Slate to Freedom? That way you keep your opening date.

Message 3 of 4
BlueHusky
Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Maybe too late now but I'm curious why you didn't move the Freedom CL over to Slate and then do a product change from Slate to Freedom? That way you keep your opening date.

They wouldn't let me PC my Slate to a Freedom. Apparantely the type of Slate I have is different than typical Slates - mine was a PC from a card they discontinued and automatically changed to a Slate...those are not PC-able according to the TWO different senior analysts I spoke to.

Starting Score: 583 (CreditKarma, 2009)
Current Score: 783 (Walmart Free FICO, March 20, 2012), 774 (Equifax, BoA Pull, 2/20/13)
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.