Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Consolidation recent DP collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Consolidation recent DP collection

I wanted to get some recent data from people consolidating Chase credit lines, I called the execuetive line and they said it is required to leave $500 on the card you are closing, I had remembered seeing posts from a while back where people had moved the entire line without being forced to leave $500 on the old line. Just wondering if someone had been successful recently, and what the steps they took were.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Consolidation recent DP collection

I was told by a Chase rep that the entire balance could be moved over as long as there was no activity on the card within the previous 60 days.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 4
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wanted to get some recent data from people consolidating Chase credit lines, I called the execuetive line and they said it is required to leave $500 on the card you are closing, I had remembered seeing posts from a while back where people had moved the entire line without being forced to leave $500 on the old line. Just wondering if someone had been successful recently, and what the steps they took were.  

It's 60-ish days of no activity until you can move the whole line. It breaks down into one full statement period at zero activity, plus an additional 30 days after the statement cuts. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's 60-ish days of no activity until you can move the whole line. It breaks down into one full statement period at zero activity, plus an additional 30 days after the statement cuts. 

Thanks DeeBee, very helpful. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.