Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card Application Status

tag
kawaiiguy
Established Member

Re: Chase Credit Card Application Status

@mackguyber wrote:

I'd like to say thank you for this thread!  I have multiple accounts with Chase and my score (after 12 years of hard work) is in the 770s, but Chase still gave me a pending.  I called the recon line and after explaining a few things (like a large balance on a balance transfer card and spending around 20 minutes on hold, the guy told me the system was down.  I called again about 24 hours later and was just told that they approved my for $16k CL on the Hyatt Card!  That's my highest limit yet, other than my AMEX.  Thanks so much for the advice to call instead of waiting for the decline letter!

That's just fantastic... I don't know why they do this to us, but if you are willing to work for it you will always come out better than what's going as the "common handout"

Good work!  Enjoy the success.

Message 81 of 110
deejayspop

HOw Many Credit Applications are too many ?

Applied for Chase freedom, got the 7-10 notice then next day approval, credit limit is 2K, not enough so I applied for the chase Slate and got the same notice, that was on Friday so I'm hoping to hear something positive early next week. In the last 2 months I have been approved for 3 CC's and deneid on 2, BOA and Citi card. BOA sent me a pre approval, I guess since  I bank with them but denied me. I need as much credit as I can get because my girlfriend and I are leaving on June 21st for a backroads of America road trip that may take a year or more, ( we are retired, 68 years old ). I want as much credit as I can get for contingences such as motor vehicle repair, medical ( we will be out of network on our Insurance) and any other incidents that may come up. The credit cards that I have recieved so far must have been soft pulls because there were no hard pull alerts on my monitoring, also my credit score has actually gone up , depending on who you check it ranges from a low of 639 to a high of 680, right now I have about 5K in credit but was hoping for 10K at least.

Message 82 of 110
deejayspop

How Many App's are too many ?

HOw Many Credit Applications are too many ?

Applied for Chase freedom, got the 7-10 notice then next day approval, credit limit is 2K, not enough so I applied for the chase Slate and got the same notice, that was on Friday so I'm hoping to hear something positive early next week. In the last 2 months I have been approved for 3 CC's and deneid on 2, BOA and Citi card. BOA sent me a pre approval, I guess since  I bank with them but denied me. I need as much credit as I can get because my girlfriend and I are leaving on June 21st for a backroads of America road trip that may take a year or more, ( we are retired, 68 years old ). I want as much credit as I can get for contingences such as motor vehicle repair, medical ( we will be out of network on our Insurance) and any other incidents that may come up. The credit cards that I have recieved so far must have been soft pulls because there were no hard pull alerts on my monitoring, also my credit score has actually gone up , depending on who you check it ranges from a low of 639 to a high of 680, right now I have about 5K in credit but was hoping for 10K at least.

Message 83 of 110
kimpossible808
New Visitor

That is the number I called to check on the status of my app.  Good luck!

Message 84 of 110
Rain77
Frequent Contributor

@kimpossible808 wrote:

That is the number I called to check on the status of my app.  Good luck!

OT: Now I have the Kim Possible theme song stuck in my head Smiley LOL

I can't wait till Chase give me another chance.  May be in a couple more years Smiley Sad

Last HP 8/29/14

Message 85 of 110
rredstick9
Valued Member

@sexyladyshaq - When you called to get a CLI which of the two numbers posted did you use and did you wait until you got your card and activated it or before you received it?  Anyone know that?

Thanks

Message 86 of 110
hallas
Valued Member

I am truly surprised so many people have had positive experiences with Chase. 

I have had a truly awful experience. I have a pretty good credit file, scores vary across CRAs but all over 710 (TU being the highest at 745, EX lowest at 710), no derogs, no late payments, 10-12% util (depending on CRA), and a variety of credit sources (not just credit cards, but student loans, a car loan, a few store cards, etc.)

Recently, all of my CLI (all SPs) had been granted (actually Cap1 increased my two cards with them from 500$ limits to 1500$, so a 2000$ increase overall, and by viewing this board, I see that this is kind of rare lol). Cap1 also upgraded one of my cards to a Quicksilver and the other to a Quicksilverone, also decreased my APR on both cards (I honestly love Cap1 lol). I had automatic increases on ALL of my store cards (Walmart from $500 --> $1200, Amazon from $800 to $1000, Macy's $600 --> $1000, and Kay is my biggest "store" credit line @ 4k). Bank of America auto increased my Cash Rewards card from $1000 to $1500. 

So, since the last time I applied for any credit was in Sept/Oct, I decided that it may be time to try for some more "coveted" cards. I apped for Chase Freedom, Discover It, and a Merrill + Signature Visa...

Chase declined

Discover It --> instant approval for 6k (14 months intro APR @ 0%, 10.99% after that for purchases and balances) 

Merrill + --> Instant approval for 2.5k (12 month intro APR @ 0%, 12.99% after that, and all the extra goodies, seems like a VERY great card, may recon for a CLI once I get the card)

I reached out to Chase to ask for a recon, and they said that I had too many inquiries. I asked if they were including inquiries from over 6 months ago (I bought my car from CarMax in Sept. 2013, and they hit like 7-8 places at once for the best rate), and they said they took into consideration all inquiries from the past year. I asked for additional reasons behind the decline and they said nothing, just your inquiries, everything else is fine. I explained my inquiries from Sept/Oct (car loan and a few credit cards to build credit), and she said there was absolutely nothing she could do to override the decision and it was final. I was a little shocked, but I know it is considered a prime card, but I also know that many people on here call a few times. 

So, I waited a day or two longer (I also double checked my credit report to make sure everything was accurate), and I called Chase back (I hate taking a HP for no reason lol) and I have never been talked to so badly in my life. 

I was aware prior to calling Chase that the recon/analyst dept. notes the acct when recons are made. So, when I called back, I told the analyst that I recently spoke with someone about my application, and I had pulled my report in the mean time. I said I would appreciate it if they would take a few minutes to fully discuss my application, and I mentioned why I was apping for a Chase card (and mentioned the positive reviews, the benefits, etc.). He immediately turned me down and said a recon was out of the question because my app had already been reconsidered. He continued to raise his voice, asked why I made the call again after I had my official decision, etc.

I asked for a transfer to the supervisor who referred me to the EO. I decided to reach out to them, but yeah, didn't make a difference. I guess it truly is WHO you get, I got two (well four if you include the supervisor and person from the EO, they all treated me poorly for some reason) bad apples, that's for sure. Also, I promise that I spoke with everyone with great respect, was completely honest (about my previous conversations), and was in no way demanding. I actually didn't even want to speak with anyone in the EO, because I was kinda tired of speaking to people at that point. The main point of speaking with EO was to discuss the awful conversations with the the two males on the last call. 

However, I am happy for everyone who has had success! I truly desired a Chase card. Smiley Happy I am going to wait about 6 months and utilize my new Discover and app with Citi. Or, I may go on an app spree for some other cards! Smiley Tongue We'll see. 

By the way, had no inquiries in the past 6 months (except for the Chase, Discover, and Merrill Lynch - and I made sure to check ALL CRAs for inquiries), so now 3 total in the past 6 months. I also did mention (to the EO, who said she would also review the app that I was recently approved for a Discover card, since some pointed out that using the fact that other companies deemed you worthy of credit w/ prime cards can be helpful, but no luck!) Smiley Sad I don't know what else Chase wants! Smiley Tongue

Income = $65k, if anyone wants to know any more info, just let me know.  

NCFU cashRewards Visa Signature ($15K) | NCFU CLOC ($10K) | Merrill + Platinum Plus Signature Visa ($12K) | Amex Everyday Preferred ($8K) | Discover IT ($6k) | SallieMae World MasterCard ($5K) | Wells Fargo Platinum Visa ($3K) | Wells Fargo College Cash Back ($800) | BankAmericard for College Students ($1.5K) | American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($1K) | PayPal Extras MC ($2.5K) | Kay Jewelers ($4K) | Capital One QS ($1.3k) | Capital One QS1 ($1.3K) | SECU Visa ($1K) | CareCredit ($2K) | WalMart Store Card ($1.2K) | Amazon Store Card ($2K) | Macy's ($1.3K) | Barclaycard Rewards ($3K) | Target Red ($500) | Bill Me Later ($500)
Message 87 of 110
rredstick9
Valued Member

Thank you for this number.  I applied due to a prequal offer and I took the leap.  I got the we are reviewing and you will find out in 10 days.  I called this number luckily and they needed to verify information (fraud department) and then approved me for $4,500.  If I didnt call it would have taken longer or not got approved at all.  Thank you!!!

Message 88 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone! As I'm not in a rush to have possession of the Chase Freedom card, I applied and decided to let it play out the normal way and just wait and see what happens. I have a Credit rating of 729; have always paid on time; have only 1 major card with a 10K limit and a few small retail store cards. I applied about 3 weeks or so ago and received a letter on the 7th asking me to call an 800 # if in fact I applied for the card and if they didn't hear from me within 30 days, the app would be closed. I called and confirmed I applied and then was asked several personal questions that no one else would know but me. I was then told I would receive information in 7-10 business days. Yesterday. I received the exact same letter!! I called and told the rep that I had already called the week before when I received the first letter. She confirmed this and told me to disregard the letter but that another letter was on the way asking me to send them a copy of a valid license/ID. I asked for the fax number and immediately went to photocopy my license and faxed it to them. My question is - has anyone experienced this?? I would assume that with all these hoops I've had to jump through, that I will be approved - why would they need all this information of they were going to deny me right?? If they were going to deny me, wouldn't they have just done so to begin with?? While I appreciate them making sure they are protecting against fraud and identity theft, I'll be very upset if I had to do all this for nothing. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!!
Message 89 of 110
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi everyone! As I'm not in a rush to have possession of the Chase Freedom card, I applied and decided to let it play out the normal way and just wait and see what happens. I have a Credit rating of 729; have always paid on time; have only 1 major card with a 10K limit and a few small retail store cards. I applied about 3 weeks or so ago and received a letter on the 7th asking me to call an 800 # if in fact I applied for the card and if they didn't hear from me within 30 days, the app would be closed. I called and confirmed I applied and then was asked several personal questions that no one else would know but me. I was then told I would receive information in 7-10 business days. Yesterday. I received the exact same letter!! I called and told the rep that I had already called the week before when I received the first letter. She confirmed this and told me to disregard the letter but that another letter was on the way asking me to send them a copy of a valid license/ID. I asked for the fax number and immediately went to photocopy my license and faxed it to them. My question is - has anyone experienced this?? I would assume that with all these hoops I've had to jump through, that I will be approved - why would they need all this information of they were going to deny me right?? If they were going to deny me, wouldn't they have just done so to begin with?? While I appreciate them making sure they are protecting against fraud and identity theft, I'll be very upset if I had to do all this for nothing. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

i think you've already been approved! I went through a similar situation like this with Citi, in my case I had to send in a copy of my SSN card. My reasoning is, if they were to deny u, they wouldnt be going through all these verification process.

Message 90 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.