Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card Application Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Card Application Status

I've been through this with chase as well,  I'm currently waiting for a decision on a business INK card,   They denied me last year because of too many inquiries,  I called them up and they explained it to me,  and i said "Of COURSE i have a lot of inquiries,  i just started a BUSINESS, and every single one of my vendors ran my report to approve my credit"  They were quite unsymathetic and told me to try applying for a personal card instead, (I Didn't apply for the personal card, i just took my Citibank card and use it for nothing but business)  I tried pointing out that they were happy to give me $20,000 for a car,  which i had never missed a payment on,  but wouldnt give me a couple thousand for a business card,  they wouldn't budge. (i know, the car is secured debt and the card is not)

So here we are, 1 year later,  i applied Oh,  maybe 2 weeks ago, and have heard nothing,  no approval, but no denial either,   in the mean time i was approved for a $30,000 car loan from Capital One (I didn't use it)  Chase gave me ANOTHER $20,000 for a new car (the old car was totaled last month in a nasty I95 accident) and Capital one approved me in days for a $2,000 CLI Business card,  and here i sit still waiting on Chase.   Our personal scores are in the 700-710 range (they were about 720, but with the new car loan and inquires for said new loan i'm sure they have dropped some, plus the fact that the old car loan still shows a balance of about $15k until Geico sends them the check)   And i've got One paid collection for $200 about 5 years old...  I'm not sure what chase is looking for,  but it doesn't seem to be me!  Oh well,  at least i have a fairly high limit Citibank i can use for work and a $10k line of credit from a local bank.

(edit) I should also point out that I recieve at least 5 pre-approved personal card offers a week in the mail,  most are from junk companies,  but i've gotten pre-approvals for a Chase Freedom,  AmEx Plum, and Capital One Cash Rewards)

Message 21 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the back door number. I called them, card was declined and one lady didn't budge when asked to review it again. I called them again and I told her that I was in good standing financially. She asked me some questions and after that approved me. 

Experian provided a month old information to them which had a near limit expense and that scored bad against me. I hope this info helps.

Message 22 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied yesterday and called the backdoor number today and it still showed pending.  He said something along the lines of them verifying the information and whatnot.  I'm kind of expecting a denial so when should I call back to try and see what they say?  I have a score of 735 for equifax and 763 for TU but I have only 6 months of credit history.

Message 23 of 110
FindUrPath
Established Member

Message 24 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was bored today so I tried the automated line and to my surprise I was approved.  This is less than 24 hours after applying.  I've had a student card with $300 for 6 months now and was shocked to hear I got a $5000 line.  Awesome.

Message 25 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you everyone for this thread, like others, i was initially denied due to multiple inquiries and a late last year which i explained was due to card upgrades and being out of the country... they were nice and reviewed my app again and approved me for a 7K credit line... so glad i read this thread, thanks guys!

Message 26 of 110
tburns
Regular Contributor

Glad I found this thread!

I applied Sunday for the Freedom Card. Got the 30 day message. I tried the number in the backdoors thread everyday but was told it was under review by the automated system. I found this thread today and called and was told my app was declined due to limited history. AAoA was 7 months when I applied. I was asked several questions and put on hold a few times trying to get it approved. In the end I was told he couldn't give me an approval or denial but put in my app for re-review and I would receive an answer within 7-14 days in the mail.

Well I guess I'm better off now then before the call. Hopefully I get approved but I've lowered my expectations of that since he couldn't get it approved on the phone.

Thanks for the info guys.

Message 27 of 110
anybodii
New Contributor

Applied on May 27th, declined. Called backdoor number first time told me there was nothng they could do ( for too many hard pulls ) second time called, talked to them about why I had those, entered for re-review, supposed to take 30 days, called a third time to check the status and still said it was pending and that it would take 30 days... anyone have any luck when they were put in this position?

Message 28 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

WoW i can't believe this you guys. I applied last week online, said it would require further review. Got a letter in the mail today saying My "credit report reflects deliquent past/present credit obligations". Which i knew it had to be false, since i had just corrected a handfull of mistakes in my report a few months ago. Apparently it never updated with Equifax, which i already disputed it today. Anyways, i called the backdoor number and they review the app again since they could clearly see the derrogatory was simply because i was an additional user in the acount, not the account holder. I waited 5 min and she offered me a credit line of $1,000. Which is what i have on my two other credit cards!!! It took me a while to find this forum but it provided with me with th number i was looking for! Thanks a lot to everyone! In this world of missinformation and banks not providing adequate nor clear customer support. The backdoor number worked amazingly!

Message 29 of 110
anybodii
New Contributor

Update on my status. Received a letter from Chase today, letter stated that they wanted a copy of my Social Security Card and copy of proof of address such as my driver's license. I will send this off and update when I hear something again.

Message 30 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.