cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card Application Status

tag
deejayspop

Re: Chase Credit Card Application Status

Hard to believe that you got such a runaround from Chase., my girlfriend and I are retired and dcecided to do a lot of traveling before we got to old to do so, I decided to go on a credit card App binge because I didn't have a single card in my wallet other than 2 Walmart store cards. With a credit score of 656 and an income of 25K I was approved for 8 cards including Chase freedom and Amazon issued by Chase with CL's of 2K each, I was denied AMEX and a Chase Slate ( B4 I got the Amazon). Now 6 months later my Fico has gone up to a high on TU of 710, Ex 686 and EQ 690, go figure.

Message 91 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying - that was my thought too! I've never had to go through this so I wanted to see if others experienced this too!! It makes no sense to go through these steps to be denied!! Fingers crossed!! :-)
Message 92 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's hope so - thanks for replying!! I'll be upset if I did this for nothing!! It doesn't make sense to go through all of this and then be denied!! Have a great day!!
Message 93 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's an update. Spoke to a rep Monday who said she would expedite my app and get the documents I faxed. The status line has given me the 7-10 day message but this morning it says they received my app on 6/24 and I'll hear from them in two weeks! Are they starting over or is this their way of approval!? Does the status line ever say approved??
Message 94 of 110
deejayspop

Difficult question to answer because you never know, I once got an immediate denial online then received a credit card in the mail, I would call in 3-4 days

Message 95 of 110
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Chase backdoor number is still working awesome from 6 years.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 96 of 110
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I was going to close my Chase card because I was denied a CLI and I figured they would always be a tough nut to crack. Then I decide to call backdoor number. Super nice CSR asked me a few questions about my BK from 9 years ago and said hold on. Came back with a CLI from $5K to 10K. Best CLI I have ever received from anyone.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 97 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi friends,

I applied for a SW Rapid Rewards card online from Chase a couple days ago as they keep sending me letters in the mail.

I got the, 'Your application is under review, wait 10 days or so for a response in the mail' or something like that...

Well im impatient so I stumbled upon this forum and gave the 'application status' line a call and the automated macine told me its still under review..

Should I go ahead and call the recon line even though I dont know if im denied or approved?

Im pretty sure im denied. Im not sure what my score is but Credit Karma is saying its around 678. I have one baddie, a Slate card with only a $500 limit thats nearly maxed of course and a target card of 1 year at $500 limit.

My objective is not to get credit but to build credit so I can look at homes in a years time.. I want my score to be around 750 before I look at homes.

Also is this the right number to call? Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)

Great site and thanks for any help.!

Message 98 of 110
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi friends,

I applied for a

SW Rapid Rewards card online from Chase a couple days ago as they keep sending me letters in the mail. m

I got the, 'Your application is under review, wait 10 days or so for a response in the mail' or something like that...

Well im impatient so I stumbled upon this forum and gave the 'application status' line a call and the automated macine told me its still under review..

Should I go ahead and call the recon line even though Im not sure if im denied or approved?

Im pretty sure im denied. Im not sure what my score is but Credit Karma is saying its around 678. I have one baddie, a Slate card with only a $500 limit thats nearly maxed of course and a target card of 1 year at $500 limit.

My objective is not to get credit but to build credit so I can look at homes in a years time.. I want my score to be around 750 before I look at homes.

Also is this the right number to call? Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)

Great site and thanks for any help.!

I had that for my Marriott card and had to verify stuff. My opinion is just recon anything from Chase for anything that doesn't say approved. Worse they can say is declined or pending 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 99 of 110
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, got denied on the phone a second ago..

He did look into it but said I need to fix that one baddie and get my utilization down which was all about to be fixed almost today.

My lesson learned today was to be patient and not so impulsive and good things will come.

The guy on the phone was cool and Chase seem to be doing a great job so no bitterness there, just a little dissapointed in my self as I knew

I should have waited a month before applying.

I'll try again around Janurary.

Message 100 of 110
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.