cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card High Limit

Established Member

Chase Credit Card High Limit

Hi everybody I have a question my friend applied for chase and get 20k credit limit with 700+ score and he called request some form he fill it out and send it and got approved after that he applied at citibank and got 30k then he applied discover and got 22k is there is routine to apply for credit card that will get you approved for high credit limit i'm new to this and if anyone know what he did how he get this limits can he tell me because his not telling me anything all i know he had bofa for 5 years with CL of 8k any advise will be very thankfull 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit


ashi1989 wrote:

Hi everybody I have a question my friend applied for chase and get 20k credit limit with 700+ score and he called request some form he fill it out and send it and got approved after that he applied at citibank and got 30k then he applied discover and got 22k is there is routine to apply for credit card that will get you approved for high credit limit i'm new to this and if anyone know what he did how he get this limits can he tell me because his not telling me anything all i know he had bofa for 5 years with CL of 8k any advise will be very thankfull 


well since I can only really guess I would say that having the card for 5 years with BofA and his balance is probably pretty low and probably had very few INQ's and pretty high income.

I'm little surprised by $30k from citi if he has no relationship with them at all, and no other credit besides the $8k from BofA and wait actually... have you seen these approvals? I "THOUGHT" Discover usually requires income verification in the $15-$25k range? can anyone chime in, I thought it was $15 or $20 but maybe it's like Amex and it's not a for sure thing but can happen... but an instant $22k from Discover? I dunno.... you had me until that!~

Message 2 of 21
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit

You can request credit limit increases through your lender.  This is usually a hard pull of your credit report, so don't do it if you need your report inquiry free for an upcoming mortgage application.

 

If you have good income and can get the limits up on your current cards, it is easier to get approved for higher-limit future cards, since many lenders will match or beat current credit lines.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 21
Established Member

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit

Yeah I saw the approvals and his lines 

Message 4 of 21
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit


ashi1989 wrote:

Yeah I saw the approvals and his lines 


well then... im impressed with discover!

Message 5 of 21
Established Member

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit

Im trying to understand how he get approved for chase 

Message 6 of 21
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit


ashi1989 wrote:

Im trying to understand how he get approved for chase 


why are you confused about chase out of those 3?

Message 7 of 21
Established Member

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit

Because its firat card that he get high limit right away and does anyone knows about some form request from chase cuz I just applied for chase slate and got approved for 5k only and my score 715 and I had bofa 2 accounts for 6 years with cl ov 9k each 

Message 8 of 21
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit


ashi1989 wrote:

Because its firat card that he get high limit right away and does anyone knows about some form request from chase cuz I just applied for chase slate and got approved for 5k only and my score 715 and I had bofa 2 accounts for 6 years with cl ov 9k each 


they possibly wanted to verify his income.

but unless he applied for the chase and waited a month or so before applying for the citi and the discover, the credit card from chase wouldn't have been showing yet.

the chase slate to me gives out the lower of the limits of chase cards and they really like relationships, so now that you have a card with them, future cards could be much higher limit.

but did you apply for slate because you have balances on your bofa cards? it would make sense because that's really the only reason I could think that anyone would apply for a slate as if they want to do BT but that's also counting against you when you are trying to compare your approval to your friends if you have balances on cards.

Message 9 of 21
Established Member

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit

Well I dont have any balances on my cards I just applied it I think I mess up a lil witb applying that card because I didnt rwlly need it I just wanted to have a card with high limit 

Message 10 of 21