Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Limit Increase (for freedom and/or slate) website

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Credit Limit Increase (for freedom and/or slate) website

Hey all,

I've read alot on here about chase doing a Hard Pull for any credit limit increases.  I've had my freedom for well over a year with excellent usage and payments (has a $12k limit, have used up to $6k at one point, paying it up and down for usage purposes.  So I was thinking it was time for an increase.  If I log into my account as I normally do, there's no option for asking for a CLI like my discover, c1 and citi cards do.  So i googled chase credit line increase, and I get the official chase website, where it states its NOT a hard pull.  I use my log in, (its a different log in box then thenormal login, then it takes me to a page that says "sorry, this portion of our site is currently unavailable, please try back later. sorry for any inconvenience"  and then if you close the window, it takes me to my normal account dashboard.

This has been going on for about three days. 

Is anyone else having this problem?  There is an alternative link, but that one asks for the "promotional code" you received in the mail for a cli.

if someone has an alternative site, can you please post?

(I know I can just call the rep and ask for a CLI, i like doing it thru the automated system)

heres the link:

https://www.chase.com/credit-cards/rtbl/credit-line-increase-rtbl

here's the one that asks for the "personal code"

https://www.chase.com/credit-line-increase/home

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Limit Increase (for freedom and/or slate) website

it looks like i cant post images/screen shots here, so i just copied and pasted the error message I get:

Credit Line Increase

Close Credit Line Increase

Important: It looks like this part of our site isn't working right now.
Please try again later. Thanks for your patience.

Content
  • Main menu Menu Find Chase products, services & help.
  • Messages Messages Get messages about payment & activity.
  • Profile and security Profile Update your profile, alerts & preferences.

Content

"Topics in this presentation include the main menu, messages and the my profile menu located in the banner region."
Content
See a slideshow

Message 2 of 15
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Interesting. I get the same thing. I will keep an eye on this topic as I am interested in a non HP CLI option.

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea, if you look on the first line of the FAQ's in the second link, it states right there that "No when you request an increase we will NOT pull your credit report"

Message 4 of 15
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yea, if you look on the first line of the FAQ's in the second link, it states right there that "No when you request an increase we will NOT pull your credit report"

Yes, for people that get an offer (the 10 digit code) Chase will CLI without HP.

All other requests, a HP is needed.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh, i see.  So if the code was sent via mail offer, theyre basically pre-qualing you already...makes sense.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you request a CLI with Chase it is almost always a HP. you can request via SM or call. This is the only thing I dislike about Chase. I've only asked for a HP CLI once and it was well worth my time.

I'd recommend opening up a new product, like the Chase Ritz Card w/ 3 free nights. The limits are usually large on this card. Keep it for a year and then transfer your CL to your Freedom card and close Ritz.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was tired of sitting at the $4,000 credit limit called and made the request got a $5,000 increase to 9000 total easy squeezy lemon peasy
Message 8 of 15
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Hparabud, how many pulls did you take?
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried calling?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.