Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Credit Question

I've always had a pretty good relationship with Chase.  I have a relatively substantial savings account with them and 4 credit cards:  Marriott Rewards (17k), United Explorer (10k), Freedom (5k), and Amazon ($400) - yes, $400.  I applied for the Amazon card about 2 years ago, when my credit report had taken a hit due to utilization and inquries.

I recently swtiched positions at my employer, so my travel is going to zero, making my Marriott and United cards less attractive, but the Amazon still quite useful.

Is it worth it to give them a call and ask about the limit?  I've read on other boards that some people have had limit DECREASES after contact Chase, and don't want to jeapardize my other relatively good limits.

Also, what's their deal with CLIs?  I've had 3 of these cards for over 3 yeras, and they never moved an inch.  Any secrets I don't know about? lol.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Question

Chase is very hard with CLIs... What you are better of doing is moving the limits from the United card and Marriot to the Amazon card. That will be the safest way at this time.

Message 2 of 3
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Question

i agree, move the limits. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.