Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Customer Panel / Marriott CC

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Chase Customer Panel / Marriott CC

If you do the survey in your Email now about Marriott CC, You will get a $10 Amazon GC. I just added the $10 to Amazon after completion.

GL

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Customer Panel / Marriott CC

They really need to increase the earning rate for this card on non-Marriott spend. 1 MR point per dollar gives absolutely no incentive to put any kind of spend on it.

Even 3x TY via the Premier or Prestige > 5x MR imo for Marriott charges.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditScholar wrote:

They really need to increase the earning rate for this card on non-Marriott spend. 1 MR point per dollar gives absolutely no incentive to put any kind of spend on it.

Agree completely.  Going to be interesting what they with the Starwood merger.  Hopefully they dont screw it up too much.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Agree completely.  Going to be interesting what they with the Starwood merger.  Hopefully they dont screw it up too much.

+1000

Absolutely agree. Honestly, they need to increase the earning rate on the bonus categories, too. 2 Marriott points per dollar at, say, restaurants isn't very exciting either, considering it is pretty hard to get a redemption of even 1 cpp for Marriott. The card's rewards are designed that it's only really worthwhile to use it at Marriott properties. I hope the Starwood purchase drives up the value of the Marriott points (although I feel bad for people invested in the Starwood program because I expect Starwood points to be nerfed).

EDIT: By the way, got my $10 Amazon gift card! Easiest $10 I have ever made. Interesting survey, too.

Message 4 of 13
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

They are doing the same thing with a survey on the CSP.  I got the email this afternoon.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 13
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

I agree. Another thing I did not like about the card is that the free annual night you receive expires after 6 months. Some have had success with getting an extension, but that is not guaranteed. I hope this was addressed within the email as well. 

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 6 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@TrulyyBlessed wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

I agree. Another thing I did not like about the card is that the free annual night you receive expires after 6 months. Some have had success with getting an extension, but that is not guaranteed. I hope this was addressed within the email as well. 

This is something that people need to think about when planning when to app for the card. If you always travel over Christmas, then applying for the card in Feb won't help much because the free night cert will expire in August.

The other thing is the Cat 1-5 limitation. Given how category creep has been over the past few years, it's quite difficult to find a decent hotel to use this cert at IMO. I can only think of a few properties worldwide which I would seriously consider using this at.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 7 of 13
degs138
Established Contributor

Do they send you the survey for csp? I didn't get anything today.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 8 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

They really need to

"I want" != "they need to".  Even all of myFICO's users represent a tiny fraction of thae market.  What Chase needs to do doesn't depend just on myFICO users but the overall base of consumers out there.  There are plenty out there that don't know much or don't even care much and are probably happy to put all spend on a card even if it isn't optimal for their specific siutations.

If Chase sees the trend indicating that they need to make adjustments, they will.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guessing everyone didn't receive a survey? I have Marriott and CSP and no survey invitations. :-(
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.