Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Declined

tag
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Chase Declined

I applied for the chase slate card. Since I just Applied for an recieved the Chase Ink business card ($2500) limit for my business which of course I had to PG.  I only applied because I figured although my scores aren't high I was able to get a recon on the Ink and got approved after answering a few questions. I was turned down immediatley and called to get a recon for the slate card. And was turned down then. I'm pretty new to the game of credit. So for you seasoned folks I would like to know your opinion on whether or not I should call again and ask for another recon? Would that require another hard pull? I asked the analyst why I was declied for the personal and not the business even though I PG'd for that? And she said that the chase ink department is a different department with different criteria then the personal cards. Has anyone else heard that? strange when I called the same number to get the recon on the business.

I'm excited about getting the ink card but not sure what happend on the personal card. Maybe too soon?

I have an Auto Loan,Personal Checking and Savings and a Business checking acct with Chase and have never been late. Never had an overdraft or anything of the like.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Declined

I called in reconed 3 times before calling it quits. Some members here were approved after several recons. I don't see any negatives if you try a couple more times.

If it's too soon, they would have said it's too soon. A lot of people get denied instantly by the computer because it's too soon, but were able to get it approved via recon. 

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 6
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Hmm ok I may give it another try this week. Btw when I asked what score the credit analyst saw she said it was 608 but that Chase doesnt go by scores they go by the whole picture whatever that means.
Message 3 of 6
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Wow, Chase didn't give me my score when I asked. They said they're not supposed/allowed to. But again, maybe they're able to disclose the score if that was the reason for denile.

The "whole picture" comment is probably referring to you're whole credit report/history. 

What's your credit profile like, if you don't mind sharing. 

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 4 of 6
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

It's not good had a prior BK discharged in 2008 and after the bk a few lates on my capital one card as recent as 7 months ago. Although I disputed those and supposedly they'll get removed according to capital one. I also have a CO in 2010 from credit one and hooters Everything else Was included in the BK. Including a Collection from Time Warner cable.
Message 5 of 6
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

your baddies are really recent. You could always send GW letters out to improve your file. I recently had Cap1 remove a late from early 2010 with little effort by calling the senior account manager backdoor number. 

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.