Did you mean: 

Chase Denial - Need Your Help

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Denial - Need Your Help

@dodgerslv wrote:

@jeffrey_MBP wrote:

Call the credit analyst and be completely honest with them. If you have a good income, you shouldn't have any trouble winning a recon. 

+1. definitely call them and good luck!

+2

Especially since it's been paid.  You will need to leverage other positive factors (history, income, etc.) in order to see if they can overturn the decision.  Of course, YEMV.

Message 11 of 14
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I had a former Chase (actually Providian) account years ago that hasn't been on my CRs but Chase denied me for the Freedom, CSP and the United.  I did a recon with all 3 and now have all 3.  Just call them.  If one rep isn't having a good day, just call back. 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 14
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

@ clock tick- That's good to know, had a old Provident account too.  I will keep this in mind if I ever decide to get a chase cc.   

OP keep us posted and GL. 

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 13 of 14
Involver
Valued Contributor

Good luck with the recon, and I'll reiterate what others have said that your results can definitely depend on the analyst you speak to, and you shouldn't be discouraged if you aren't successful the first time calling.  The first analyst I spoke to was very adamant that I did not meet Chase's criteria and that I should reapply after I cleaned up a few things on my CR.  The next rep I spoke to was very open to listening to my explanations and my honesty and approved me.  

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.