Regular Contributor
bbrannan

Chase Denied...Recon Denied with another HP???

I apped for Chase Freedom last week and got the 7-10 message. I called to check the status and was told that they "regret that they were not able to approve me at this time." So, I wait a couple of days and call back for a recon. The lady I spoke with was extremely nice. She gave me the opportunity to explain certain negatives that are on my report from about 6 years ago and why they are on there. She asked me about my income and placed me on hold for about 2 or 3 minutes. When she came back on, she was also unable to approve my application. I thought about it for a couple of days and decided that I already gave up a HP for this so I might as well try again. So I called back. This time, I got a gentleman that was very polite and once again went through the "interview" explaining finances and negatives as well as why exactly I want the Chase Freedom. He put me on hold for 2 or 3 minutes as well and came back with the same reply that he was not able to get it approved.

I was fine with that until this morning. I pulled my daily report and what do my wondering eyes see? A new HP on TU by CHASE! I was under the impression that when you call to have them reconsider, they do so using the HP that they just recently got. I was considering call them again today to try one more time but if they are going to pull ANOTHER HP, then its not worth it! That would be 3 HP's for one card!! It's already 2 and have not even been approved!

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Can I request that they drop that second HP or is that even a feasible request? 

Just to give you an idea of my credit history - On my EX, I have 3 paid collections all due to fall off within the next 6 months. EQ has those same 3 plus a charge off that I am paying off and will be removed upon full payment. TU is the same as EX...the same 3 paid collections.  Oldest account in good standing on all 3 is 10 years with AAoA right at 6 or 7 years(depending on report). I wanted  a Chase Freedom, but not sure I wanted it THAT bad! Jeez!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Crashem

Re: Chase Denied...Recon Denied with another HP???

I would dispute that 2nd hp. Call chase executive line for resolunion and maybe recon.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

I was told that if it is more than three days they do another pull. When I asked for reconsideration I did see on creditkarma that another inquiry was done. The next day it showed the inquiry was gone. The same happened with FIA; they pulled again and two days later the new pull was removed. I would just wait and see what happens. However, reconsideration is having them process the application again, meaning that they can do a hard pull again.

Established Contributor
emptypockets

Did you get a letter for the denial? Last time I apped with Chase, the bottom of the letter specifically said something about if I disagree with the decision, I can call for a reconsideration, and this would involve pulling another credit report (I am paraphrasing). My denial was for a BK, though.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (4), Chase (6), Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa FCU Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Citi (4), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, DC Premier MC, Macy's AMEX; A few store cards.

Current Scores: EQ My Fico (12/14): 785; TU MyFico (12/14): 795; EX (My Fico): 765; Walmart TU Fico 08 (12/2014): 788

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}