cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase + Discover Mid-Cycle Reporting - How long to wait to charge again after PIF?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase + Discover Mid-Cycle Reporting - How long to wait to charge again after PIF?

Looking to get PIF mid-cycle reporting on both a Chase and a Discover card. Initiated PIF yesterday, Chase credited instantly, Discover not yet. As I understand, Chase will auto-report PIF after a few days, and Discover will be with a phone call to a CSR.

I have some very urgent expenses to put on both the Chase and Discover cards that will run up the balances very high once again. Has anyone had any experiences regarding whether or not Chase and Discover will still do the mid-cycle reporting if you put new charges on a card the same day you PIF? How about 1 day after the PIF is credited? 2 days?

Thanks for reading! Really appreciate it.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase + Discover Mid-Cycle Reporting - How long to wait to charge again after PIF?

For Chase 1 day after the PIF is registered is a pretty good bet but they may re-report with the updated balance if its a large charge. Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase + Discover Mid-Cycle Reporting - How long to wait to charge again after PIF?

Yes, I have paid my Chase cc's a few times mid-cycle when I thought that the balance was getting too high. Chase reported the zero balances immediately.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for the replies and for the welcome! Sounds good. I signed up for IdentityGuard for close monitoring. Letting the Chase sit for all of today at 0, then tomorrow will probably charge it all the way back up to its 9.5k limit again. Will report back whether or not they re-update the balance after zeroing it.

Message 4 of 9
driftless
Valued Contributor

I would let it sit for at least 24 hours before charging it up again.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I did the PIF yesterday, which Chase credited instantly. Hopefully having it sit at 0 from beginning to end of today will do it.

Message 6 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to get PIF mid-cycle reporting on both a Chase and a Discover card. Initiated PIF yesterday, Chase credited instantly, Discover not yet. As I understand, Chase will auto-report PIF after a few days, and Discover will be with a phone call to a CSR.

I have some very urgent expenses to put on both the Chase and Discover cards that will run up the balances very high once again. Has anyone had any experiences regarding whether or not Chase and Discover will still do the mid-cycle reporting if you put new charges on a card the same day you PIF? How about 1 day after the PIF is credited? 2 days?

Thanks for reading! Really appreciate it.

I just experienced the Chase mid-cycle reporting. After I paid the balance down to zero, they reported the zero balance to the bureaus about 11 or 12 days before the statement cut date.

This is a very nice benefit.

What I wonder about, is why they do it? Doesn't this make extra work for them?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover will report early if you just ask via online message - no need to call a CSR (who may or may not even know that they can do it or how to).

I had them do this last month.

Message 8 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Discover will report early if you just ask via online message - no need to call a CSR (who may or may not even know that they can do it or how to).

I had them do this last month.

That's good to know, thank you.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.