Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase, Discover and Recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase, Discover and Recon

Applied for Discover yesterday they denied me but came back with the Discover More card at a 1000 Limit which I accepted. I also applied for the Chase Freedom have not called to talk to them yet. If denied how does chase respond to a recon.

My scores are in high 600's to 706 being the highest, the lower limit is because i only earn 25k a year.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase, Discover and Recon

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for Discover yesterday they denied me but came back with the Discover More card at a 1000 Limit which I accepted. I also applied for the Chase Freedom have not called to talk to them yet. If denied how does chase respond to a recon.

My scores are in high 600's to 706 being the highest, the lower limit is because i only earn 25k a year.

I've heard good things about Chase recons, so don't sweat it!! They may just ask some questions! Be sure to know your credit report like the back of your hand!

Message 2 of 10
Involus
Regular Contributor

Denial with Chase doesn't necessiarly mean denied - I was denied for my freedom (7-10 day message) called in and they just needed to verify ID and address and was approved on the spot after faxing the info. Give em a call. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

I was denied two recons by chase because I didn't have an account that was a year old. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 4 of 10
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

pat- That was the same reason they used when I applied and then asked them to recon. The lady was very nice, and just told me to have 1-2 more accounts in good standing for another 6 months and then try again. But, I was still bummed out...Smiley Tongue. She said they want to see more history with other issuers before they give out a card. Whatever, I'll try again in May/June and see if they approve me. Chase is easy to recon from what I have heard, and I've never had to recon Discover, they pretty much accepted me after I called in and verified everything with them. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 5 of 10
jpparker07
New Contributor

I successfully recon'd with both of those two last month. With the Chase Freedom just know whats on your report. I even had an unpaid collection from 2007 (just recently paid it) and I explained to her about it being medical and blah blah. She then came back and approved me!

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called chase and was told i was denied, i asked them to take a second look, i had a verizon account go into collections in 2010 and payed it off the begining of last year, also only have one other credit card showing right now. So there reasons were lack of Credit Card History and the Verizon Collections, i asked about another card that might fit my needs and the person i talked to said he delt mostly in lending and he could not help me. This is the number i called 888-270-2127 is it correct one since he said he delt with lending? And should i call again and try to explain the Verizon Collection (i had moved did not have service and they refused to close the account)?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

also does anyone know which reports chase pulls?

Message 8 of 10
swpopham
Established Contributor

All of them. Mainly tu for credit cards. I ask them to pull eq
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 9 of 10
jpparker07
New Contributor

Maybe that was the difference in my case. I had two unpaid collections one medical and one for Comcast. The medical one I explained was when I was 18 with no insurance and she didn't care about the Comcast one. (I think they see that a lot). BUT I did have two Capital One cards for almost two years each and I have an Amex Green and Zync since August. Maybe that history is what makes the difference especially if the representative mentioned it.

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.