Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Disney card

I've just started rebuilding and am waiting for a few balances to update and my 2 new Cap1s to hit, but I was hoping to app for a Chase card in about 6 months or so, given my scores improve.

I was thinking of going for the Chase Disney Rewards card since it seems to be an easier way to get in w/ Chase and I am an annual pass holder and go several times a year since I live 3 hours away. My scores are currently EQ 553 EX 588 and TU 585. But I have a few questions:
•what are the typical scores Chase requires (I'm assuming at least 620s?)
•if I app for the Premier and don't get approved, will they automatically see if I qualify for the regular version before denying?
•how is Chase on baddies? (I've got 2 big ones, $2400 from 8/11 and $2000 from 5/12 for broken leases and hope to have at least one satisfied before apping)
•I understand the Freedom is one of the easier regular cards to obtain, so if I app'd for Freedom and Disney at the same time is it one HP like w/ Cap1?
•if I eventually end up w/ both cards, would I have the ability to combine the Disney into the Freedom if wanted?
7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Disney card

@Anonymous wrote:
I've just started rebuilding and am waiting for a few balances to update and my 2 new Cap1s to hit, but I was hoping to app for a Chase card in about 6 months or so, given my scores improve.

I was thinking of going for the Chase Disney Rewards card since it seems to be an easier way to get in w/ Chase and I am an annual pass holder and go several times a year since I live 3 hours away. My scores are currently EQ 553 EX 588 and TU 585. But I have a few questions:
•what are the typical scores Chase requires (I'm assuming at least 620s?)
•if I app for the Premier and don't get approved, will they automatically see if I qualify for the regular version before denying?
•how is Chase on baddies? (I've got 2 big ones, $2400 from 8/11 and $2000 from 5/12 for broken leases and hope to have at least one satisfied before apping)
•I understand the Freedom is one of the easier regular cards to obtain, so if I app'd for Freedom and Disney at the same time is it one HP like w/ Cap1?
•if I eventually end up w/ both cards, would I have the ability to combine the Disney into the Freedom if wanted?

I think you need to wait until your scores are in the neighborhood of 700

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've seen some others on here say they get in around 650s I think but idk if there's a difference w/ their co-branded cards and main cards.
Message 3 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Just a heads up. The annual pass pretty much gives you all the benefits of the chase disney card except the meet and greet and financing options.

One suggestion I always throw out is (if you bank with chase) opt for a disney debit card. No hard pull to get it. =] If not, the chase disney card isn't terrible, just not great.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved last month for the Disney card with a limit of $5500. They double pulled me EQ & EX both are in the 640's. I also have almost a 1-year history with Chase. I have 5 cards total with them all with limits of $5500. First approved for Amazon card in June for $500 limit scores around 655 then was given an auto CLI in Dec to $5500. So I would say you should have at least a 650-660 before applying.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jsucool76: unfortunately I don't bank w/ Chase, I bank w/ PNC. I have thought about opening an account just to get the Disney debit but like you said, the pass takes care of most of those perks. I just wanted the Disney cc as a way to get my foot in w/ Chase since I'm a Disney fan anyway and I read it may be easier to get in w/ the co-branded cards and work my way up to a Freedom or Slate.

Boobear: thanks for that info. I was planning on waiting until I was in the 650 range before apping anyway, just wanted to make sure first. Did you app for the Premier card w/ AF or the regular rewards card w/o AF? I'd obviously like the Premier to take advantage of the 2% while I can but if it won't give me the option of the regular rewards card w/o another app or hp in the event that I don't qualify for the Premier, I'll just go for the regular one to begin with.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the no A/F regular card I don’t get to go as often as I would like. I could not justify another card with an A/F.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want this card as well. Almost up there with my scores. I'm assuming this is one of the cobranded card so I hope next month to have a jump in scores so I can app!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.