Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney ?/maybe success

tag
bltrrt
Established Member

Chase Disney ?/maybe success

I am taking my DS to Disney for his birthday later this year and I was declined for this card last year but I was approved for the BOfA cash rewards automatically and so I figured I would try for the Disney one since my son and I are both huge Disney fans. I got the 30 day message and was bummed! However I called the next morning less than 24 hours since I apped and the automatic voice said I was approved for 1600. I was beyond ecstatic!!!Smiley LOL I actually checked two more times to make sure and it was correct. I was worried though because I haven't received anything but I got the BOfA  a few days ago and the inquiry nor new card from chase has shown up. I usually go to credit karma for that not for the scores but no changes. I think maybe chase change its mind because that has happened to me in the past where I was approved and then declined.

Starting 05/15/12: FICO EQ 663
Current score: 1/2013 EQ 718, EXP 683
Goal : 700...now 750,mortgage someday

In my wallet: Amex SPG $2k, Citi thank you $2k, Toys R Us mastercard $2k, Capital one cash rewards$1500, Lowes $1200, Old navy $800, Children's place $800, JCP $1350, New york and company $200, Bank of America cash rewards $5000, Chase Disney Visa $1600, Citi simplicity $1500, Southwest visa $4500, Kohl's $ 500, Dillard's $300, Macy's $800
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Disney ?/maybe success

That's wonderful! I dread the 30 day message, thinking that it probably means a rejection. But many times it really does mean that they need to do some additional processing, as in your case. I'm happy that it worked out for you; it's always great to get a card that you've really been wanting. Congrats!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats! the delay you see is probably because CK pulls TU. The new acct may not show up until the acct is reported unless they pulled TU.
Message 3 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats on the approval! Chase usually pulls EX and sometimes EQ so the inquiry won't show up on credit karma since credit karma pulls TU
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats Disney here we come..Yay

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bltrrt wrote:

I am taking my DS to Disney for his birthday later this year and I was declined for this card last year but I was approved for the BOfA cash rewards automatically and so I figured I would try for the Disney one since my son and I are both huge Disney fans. I got the 30 day message and was bummed! However I called the next morning less than 24 hours since I apped and the automatic voice said I was approved for 1600. I was beyond ecstatic!!!Smiley LOL I actually checked two more times to make sure and it was correct. I was worried though because I haven't received anything but I got the BOfA  a few days ago and the inquiry nor new card from chase has shown up. I usually go to credit karma for that not for the scores but no changes. I think maybe chase change its mind because that has happened to me in the past where I was approved and then declined.

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
bltrrt
Established Member

OK. Thank you that makes since

Thanks everyone!!

Starting 05/15/12: FICO EQ 663
Current score: 1/2013 EQ 718, EXP 683
Goal : 700...now 750,mortgage someday

In my wallet: Amex SPG $2k, Citi thank you $2k, Toys R Us mastercard $2k, Capital one cash rewards$1500, Lowes $1200, Old navy $800, Children's place $800, JCP $1350, New york and company $200, Bank of America cash rewards $5000, Chase Disney Visa $1600, Citi simplicity $1500, Southwest visa $4500, Kohl's $ 500, Dillard's $300, Macy's $800
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.