Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Disney

I apped for this card right before booking our first trip to Disney World. (Been there twice now!)

Personally, If I had a chance to go back to when I applied for it, I probably wouldn't have apped for it. I was approved for a 2.5K Limit and I've had it since April 2014. Still at the same limit. The one I have is the non annual fee card that gets 1 point per dollar spent on "Disney Rewards." The initial offer I got was a $50 gift card which was great, but after that it's not really worth it. I also have a Chase Debit Disney Card and I get the same discounts the card gets at the park. The only difference is that you can get 0% financing for 6 months on your Disney Vacations.

So as of right now I'm keeping the card and like the fact that it has a good size limit, not too big and not too small. Enough to book a trip to Disney World for myself and my fiancee. If I can get this card to a 5K limit that would be perfect but I wouldn't want the limit any higher than that.

SO, I say get it if you go to Disney World or Disneyland at least once a year. If you do, than it is definitely worth it because of the 0% financing, since anything Disney can be expensive! Just would recommend a limit of 5K or lower since you probably won't need more than that. Just my .02.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got the Disney Chase before we became Passholders (same  discounts) in April (we live an hr from the parks) so the perks were great before, now they've lost their appeal except the Meet & Greets as stated before. With that being said Vader looks really cool in my wallet Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have either card, but upon reviewing the debit card information another poster shared above, it looks as if the Disney Debit card offers the exact same benefits as the Disney Visa (i.e., character meet and greet, 10% off restaurants, and other discounts)  - minus the hard pull and new account hit on report.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We got the Disney Chase before we became Passholders (same  discounts) in April (we live an hr from the parks) so the perks were great before, now they've lost their appeal except the Meet & Greets as stated before. With that being said Vader looks really cool in my wallet Smiley Happy

Oh how I wish me and my fiancee we're friends of yours. lol. We live in Las Vegas, NV and we have been to Disney World twice in the last 2 years. We are from Los Angeles so we have always been Disneyland people but after going to Disney World, it just changed our way of viewing a theme park. You guys being so close, I would say don't take it for granted and go as much as you can. The place just makes you feel so at home! And yes that new Darth Vader card is awesome. I opted for the now discontinued Buzz and Woody card and would use that one until it doesn't work. After that I would probably go with the Darth card.

Sorry got OT a little bit... lol

Message 14 of 23
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh how I wish me and my fiancee we're friends of yours. lol. We live in Las Vegas, NV and we have been to Disney World twice in the last 2 years. We are from Los Angeles so we have always been Disneyland people but after going to Disney World, it just changed our way of viewing a theme park. You guys being so close, I would say don't take it for granted and go as much as you can. The place just makes you feel so at home! And yes that new Darth Vader card is awesome. I opted for the now discontinued Buzz and Woody card and would use that one until it doesn't work. After that I would probably go with the Darth card.

Sorry got OT a little bit... lo

Don't count on that, I believe if you have a discontinued design you keep it UNTIL you decide to change it...when this one expires your new card should still have your design on it.....OT again BUT it is about Disney Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 23
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@EAJuggalo wrote:

What say the community on the usefulness of this card?

Selecting a card isn't about consensus.  It's about finding a solution that best fits the indiviual.  The Chase Disney is of no use to me but that doesn't really matter unless your requirements are similar enough to my own.  It's never just about the card itself but the needs/wants of the individual.

As with any rewards card, run the numbers for your spend to compare.  I'd suggest finding where the majority of your spend is going and focusing on maximizing rewrsd on that spend unless you highly value specific benefits of the Disney card.

@EAJuggalo wrote:

To those that have this card what were you scores when you were approved?

It is never just about score but you can refer to the Credit Pulls Database (Google to find) is desired.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

It is never just about score but you can refer to the Credit Pulls Database (Google to find) is desired.

^^^this is why I love this forum...thank you I didn't even know there was such a thing Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry got OT a little bit... lo

Don't count on that, I believe if you have a discontinued design you keep it UNTIL you decide to change it...when this one expires your new card should still have your design on it.....OT again BUT it is about Disney Smiley Happy

That would be nice. I grew up on Toy Story so would love to keep that design until I can't no more. Hopefully they do that and not make me change to one of the new ones.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd agree with the others who say get the Disney debit card on a Chase checking account and pile up cash-back or other rewards elsewhere...

The discounts on vacations, merch, dining, etc are identical for the debit card, and you still get the meet-and-greet at Epcot too...  

As for using the card for the 0% financing, Disney will already do that for anybody regardless of how they pay - on the front end, at least.  That is to say, you can book a Disney vacation up to 499 days in advance (well over a year, if you're calculating lol) and make payments with no interest or additional fees/charge.  As long as you're paid off at 30 days ahead of your trip, you've "financed" your purchase for up to a year with no interest.   The only way the 0% offer on the card is valuable is if you are a last-minute booker, and book your trip using your card within a few weeks before you go.  Then your trip will remain at 0% from the date you book it, so technically you can pay it off after you get back home... but I still wouldn't call this a good reason to have the card.  I just use my Capital One cards and put photos I've taken at Disney World on them, voila - Disney cards in my wallet, and way more cash/rewards back lol

Message 19 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

My suggestion is always to get the Disney debit card (if you bank with chase)

Other than the (abysmal) rewards structure, at the 6 month financing option, the only benefit that the credit card has over the debit card was the "exclusive star wars meet and greet" at the launch bay in Hollywood studios (not sure if there's an equivalent in cali).
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.