Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

tag
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

I know amex does but does Chase have anything like it.

I lost a very expensive cell phone and wondering if they have a protection program (fingers crossed)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

If you have a Visa Signature card from them, you might be covered for 90 days from the theft incident

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the Sapphire has purchase protection - I'm not sure about the others, though.

Message 3 of 14
nick125
Valued Member

It depends on the card. I know that my Platinum (non-Signature) Chase Freedom Visa has 60-day Purchase Protection, but it only covers up to $250 per claim. 

Alliant CU (12/11, $12.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $3.3k); Discover IT (7/12, $30.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $26k); Capital One Venture (3/15; $24k)
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call your benefits agent.  You should have got a benefits package with your card.  This is a brochure that explains all your benefits and has a phone number to call for any benefit claims and/or questions.  I have Chase Freedom, which does have purchase protection.  I don't remember the limit off the top of my head, but if someone else says $250, that sounds right to me.  Better than nothing I guess though.  Anyway, Freedom is one of their lower cards, so I imagine all of them have some sort of protection, but not sure.

Message 5 of 14
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would call your benefits agent.  You should have got a benefits package with your card.  This is a brochure that explains all your benefits and has a phone number to call for any benefit claims and/or questions.  I have Chase Freedom, which does have purchase protection.  I don't remember the limit off the top of my head, but if someone else says $250, that sounds right to me.  Better than nothing I guess though.  Anyway, Freedom is one of their lower cards, so I imagine all of them have some sort of protection, but not sure.

Both of mine do, although it's higher than $250. I think it's either $500 or $1000. Your best bet is to check based on what kind of card you have.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 6 of 14
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

I was looking for information about this just a few days ago since I'm kicking tires on a Chase card.

THE CHASE WEB SITE IS ALL PRETTY AND BLUE, AND IT LOVES TO YELL AT ME WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF CAPITAL LETTERS, but it has no information (that I could find) about any card benefits.  If someone has a link to any information on the Chase web site, please share! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steve23111 wrote:

I was looking for information about this just a few days ago since I'm kicking tires on a Chase card.

THE CHASE WEB SITE IS ALL PRETTY AND BLUE, AND IT LOVES TO YELL AT ME WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF CAPITAL LETTERS, but it has no information (that I could find) about any card benefits.  If someone has a link to any information on the Chase web site, please share! Smiley Happy

Unlike most of the other cards, Chase actually does not provide any card benefits online.  You have to look at the benefits pamphlet that came in the mail with your card.

Message 8 of 14
Open123
Super Contributor

On mine--the UA Explorer--it has purchase protection along with price protection of up to $500.  If you buy a TV from Best Buy, and find it on sale later within 90 days, they'll reimburse you for up to $500.

Message 9 of 14
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@steve23111 wrote:

Unlike most of the other cards, Chase actually does not provide any card benefits online.  You have to look at the benefits pamphlet that came in the mail with your card.

Sounds like I won't bother applying then, since they like to keep their cards cloaked in mystery. There are plenty of other cards out there waiting to fill up my wallet!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.