Reply
Frequent Contributor
suzook1
Posts: 290
Registered: ‎08-29-2011

Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

I know amex does but does Chase have anything like it.

 

I lost a very expensive cell phone and wondering if they have a protection program (fingers crossed)

 

 

Established Contributor
Guava
Posts: 767
Registered: ‎04-08-2011

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

If you have a Visa Signature card from them, you might be covered for 90 days from the theft incident


Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Member
Staley698
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎12-08-2011

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

I know the Sapphire has purchase protection - I'm not sure about the others, though.


Starting Score: 680
Current Score: 773
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

*AMEX BCP* *Chase Sapphire* *Chase Freedom* *Citi Forward* *CapOne Platinum*
Established Member
nick125
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎03-30-2012

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

It depends on the card. I know that my Platinum (non-Signature) Chase Freedom Visa has 60-day Purchase Protection, but it only covers up to $250 per claim. 

Alliant CU (12/11, $2.5k); Chase Freedom (3/12, $2k); Discover IT (7/12, $3.5k); American Express Blue Cash Preferred (10/13; $10.3k)
Established Contributor
jimbo831
Posts: 977
Registered: ‎02-08-2012

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

I would call your benefits agent.  You should have got a benefits package with your card.  This is a brochure that explains all your benefits and has a phone number to call for any benefit claims and/or questions.  I have Chase Freedom, which does have purchase protection.  I don't remember the limit off the top of my head, but if someone else says $250, that sounds right to me.  Better than nothing I guess though.  Anyway, Freedom is one of their lower cards, so I imagine all of them have some sort of protection, but not sure.

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board and Amex Zync or Costco By The End Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,277
Registered: ‎01-22-2012

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection


jimbo831 wrote:

I would call your benefits agent.  You should have got a benefits package with your card.  This is a brochure that explains all your benefits and has a phone number to call for any benefit claims and/or questions.  I have Chase Freedom, which does have purchase protection.  I don't remember the limit off the top of my head, but if someone else says $250, that sounds right to me.  Better than nothing I guess though.  Anyway, Freedom is one of their lower cards, so I imagine all of them have some sort of protection, but not sure.


Both of mine do, although it's higher than $250. I think it's either $500 or $1000. Your best bet is to check based on what kind of card you have.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Frequent Contributor
steve23111
Posts: 338
Registered: ‎08-09-2011

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

I was looking for information about this just a few days ago since I'm kicking tires on a Chase card.

 

THE CHASE WEB SITE IS ALL PRETTY AND BLUE, AND IT LOVES TO YELL AT ME WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF CAPITAL LETTERS, but it has no information (that I could find) about any card benefits.  If someone has a link to any information on the Chase web site, please share! :smileyhappy:

 

5/2002 - Chapter 7
7/2011 - Equifax FICO 693
5/2012 - Equifax FICO 812! In the "800 Club!"
2/2013 - Lender-pulled FICO 821 (car loan)
Established Contributor
jimbo831
Posts: 977
Registered: ‎02-08-2012

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection


steve23111 wrote:

I was looking for information about this just a few days ago since I'm kicking tires on a Chase card.

 

THE CHASE WEB SITE IS ALL PRETTY AND BLUE, AND IT LOVES TO YELL AT ME WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF CAPITAL LETTERS, but it has no information (that I could find) about any card benefits.  If someone has a link to any information on the Chase web site, please share! :smileyhappy:

 


Unlike most of the other cards, Chase actually does not provide any card benefits online.  You have to look at the benefits pamphlet that came in the mail with your card.

Gardening with: PSECU Combo $1k, Chase Freedom $3.5k, Discover It $1.7k, Amex Costco True Earnings $2k, Capital One Platinum $500, Best Buy Store Card $2.7k

Starting Score: FICO: 587 EX, 594 EQ, 632 TU, 2/15/12; USAA FAKO: 525 EX, 541 EQ, 525 TU, 2/15/12
Current Score: FICO: 678 EX, 629 EQ, 658 TU, 3/27/12; USAA FAKO: 721 EX, 721 EQ, 576 TU, 3/9/12
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board and Amex Zync or Costco By The End Of 2012


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Open123
Posts: 3,849
Registered: ‎02-23-2011

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection

On mine--the UA Explorer--it has purchase protection along with price protection of up to $500.  If you buy a TV from Best Buy, and find it on sale later within 90 days, they'll reimburse you for up to $500.

Frequent Contributor
steve23111
Posts: 338
Registered: ‎08-09-2011

Re: Chase- Do they provide purchase protection


jimbo831 wrote:

steve23111 wrote:

I was looking for information about this just a few days ago since I'm kicking tires on a Chase card.

 

THE CHASE WEB SITE IS ALL PRETTY AND BLUE, AND IT LOVES TO YELL AT ME WITH LOTS AND LOTS OF CAPITAL LETTERS, but it has no information (that I could find) about any card benefits.  If someone has a link to any information on the Chase web site, please share! :smileyhappy:

 


Unlike most of the other cards, Chase actually does not provide any card benefits online.  You have to look at the benefits pamphlet that came in the mail with your card.


Sounds like I won't bother applying then, since they like to keep their cards cloaked in mystery. There are plenty of other cards out there waiting to fill up my wallet!

5/2002 - Chapter 7
7/2011 - Equifax FICO 693
5/2012 - Equifax FICO 812! In the "800 Club!"
2/2013 - Lender-pulled FICO 821 (car loan)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+