Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase EO...the wait is killing me!

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Chase EO...the wait is killing me!

So last week I asked here for a Chase EO email address.  I got it and emailed the EO for Chase, I finally heard back last night.  I was declined last month for a Chase Freedom, and after trying for recon 4+ times I gave up.  My last hope was an email to the EO about my experience and responsible use of credit since my BK.  I mentioned I'm currently a Chase banking customer and I really want to form a lasting relationship with them.  The EOR was very nice last night and told me he was turning my concerns over to the executive underwriters(?).  I thanked him for his time and he said he'd be back with me in 24-48 hours.  Now I wait.  I have a feeling they won't be able to do anything about getting me the card but I'm trying to stay positive.  If this fails, I'm officially waiting for any Chase product for the next 6-7 years....

Anybody have any luck with the EO at Chase?  Or am I just wasting my time? 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase EO...the wait is killing me!

Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 23
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Thank you!

Message 3 of 23
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

I went to Chase EO 3 years ago when my BK was 8 years old. they approved with no problem

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 4 of 23
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@rudy0720 wrote:

I went to Chase EO 3 years ago when my BK was 8 years old. they approved with no problem

Thats great news!  Unfortunately mine is only going on 4 years old Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 23
cobbson
Regular Contributor

You have to keep in mind, all credit card issuers, including Chase, are granting unsecured credit. The risk to them is high, that's why the interest rate border on usury. They have to be careful. That's why CRA exist. There are plenty of other cards if Chase doesn't pan out for you. 

Message 6 of 23
EW800
Valued Contributor

I believe I have read of numerous success stories going through the EO, however there are also numerous reports of hitting brick walls with them, which is the category that I fall into with them.  Although I never got the answer from them I wanted, they were always very nice and always did respond in the time frame promised.  

Best wishes and let us know what you hear!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 7 of 23
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@cobbson wrote:

You have to keep in mind, all credit card issuers, including Chase, are granting unsecured credit. The risk to them is high, that's why the interest rate border on usury. They have to be careful. That's why CRA exist. There are plenty of other cards if Chase doesn't pan out for you. 

I have pretty much all the cards I want except Freedom/CSP and an AMEX.  AMEX is a no go for at least 6-7 years from what AMEX tells me.  I'm fine with higher interest rate just to get my foot in the door.  I usually PIF on most of my cards anyway so higher interest wouldnt scare me away.  Just wish there was a way to show them I'm no longer a risk as Im utterly obsessed with paying my bills on time and being resposible with credit...unlike in my 20's. 

Message 8 of 23
Brewer
Established Member

Would someone kindly PM me the email address for Chase EO?

Message 9 of 23
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I know it's hard...but just hang in there.

When I have to wait for something like this, I always revert to my favorite online game!  **warning...it's addictive!

http://www.alienbomb.com/games/1598/Ricochet-Kills-2-Players-Pack

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.