Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - Easy if not Freedom?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase - Easy if not Freedom?

My friend with low 600 at best applied for Freedom and the decline letter came and the only thing it stated was : To many newly opened accounts!

So now I wonder if he should try a different card that is not on the 5/24 rule... Southwest, AARP??

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase - Easy if not Freedom?

@Creditaddict wrote:

My friend with low 600 at best applied for Freedom and the decline letter came and the only thing it stated was : To many newly opened accounts!

So now I wonder if he should try a different card that is not on the 5/24 rule... Southwest, AARP??

Just because that's the only reason stated doesn't mean that their scores weren't a factor as well.  I wouldn't suggest he/she apply for any other Chase cards until their scores get into the mid 650s or better.

Message 2 of 5
ddemari
Super Contributor

I agree score seems low. What did the CARS from chase say the score was? 

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Had him pull Experian Score and Fico:

FICO® Score 8