cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase FU Better Prequal than Chase Freedom?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase FU Better Prequal than Chase Freedom?

Hi!

Looked at my Chase Freedom prequal in "my offers", and the APR is 21.24% (worse than my CSR at 20.24%!). When I logout and go incognito to the prequal page, I don't have Freedom listed, but FU is listed, and the APR listed is 15.49%! Any ideas on "what gives?!"

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase FU Better Prequal than Chase Freedom?

I can't tell you what gives, but both are a good pairing with your CSR. FU would be my choice.

Message 2 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

FU would also be my choice Smiley Surprised
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FU would be my choice too.  Not a fan of rotating categories personally.

And yes yake the incognito lower apr offer.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Freedom has higher apr because you'll probably only use it for 1 or 2 quarters. And if it's sitting in your sock drawer for 6 months or more, chase isnt making any profit from swipe fees. They're pushing you to get the FU because they know you can use it all the time, instead of just during one bonus quarter.

If you're thinking about applying, I would jump on the FU 15.49 apr; as that's the lowest apr listed for a cold app. Plus apr's will probably continue to rise if the Fed raises the rates again.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all! I agree and went ahead and app'd FU. Instant approval for $4K. It said if this SL did not meet my needs, to call CS once I confirm receipt of card. $4K does seem low compared to my CSR limit. Should I wait until then, or do I not have a chance anyways? I was also thinking about double app-ing the Freedom to have the "trifecta" and only one HP.

Message 6 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Apping for the Freedom WILL result in another HP, likely 2 more (most of us receive a pair of HPs per app with Chase - 1 TU and 1 EX) even if done back-to-back.  Calling them after you receive the card will almost certainly be another EX HP - YMMV on whether it is effective or not.  You can always PC the Freedom Unlimited to Freedom later and keep your APR.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.