cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase FU card in the mail - no mention of signup bonus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase FU card in the mail - no mention of signup bonus?

I just got my Chase FU in the mail today after being approved on Sunday Smiley Very Happy

The welcome packet doesn't mention the signup bonus though. It specifies the 15 months at 0% but not the bonus for spending $500 in 90 days. Is this how it always is or should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase FU card in the mail - no mention of signup bonus?

I think that's normal. 

Message 2 of 10
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Yep, totally normal. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normal
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not an expert in the CARD act, but I would assume there is a requirement that they disclose any promotional interest rates in writing. I doubt there is a similar restriction on bonuses--if so, it would be easier and safer from the bank's point of view to not include details on the bonus (that way, you can send everyone the same letter, don't have to worry about sending the wrong documents, etc.). I haven't had any creditor mention the sign-up bonus in the welcome materials, as far as I can remember.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually you're able to call in and they can confirm it otherwise just know what the spend needed is and go from there if it's not credited after you reach the spend needed then call.
Message 6 of 10
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

It's normal.  One thing to watch out for, they will instantly include the 15,000 UR points in the amount to be added to your account at the end of the statement.  They won't tell you what it's for until you receive them but you'll know they are coming.  Threw me for a couple minutes when it happened to me.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!

@EAJuggalo wrote:

It's normal.  One thing to watch out for, they will instantly include the 15,000 UR points in the amount to be added to your account at the end of the statement.  They won't tell you what it's for until you receive them but you'll know they are coming.  Threw me for a couple minutes when it happened to me.

Gotcha As long as my 30,000 points show up (Yup, 30,000) I'll be happy Smiley Very Happy Thanks!

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Uhhmm, normalSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Like everyone else said, it's normal. I had the same concern when I received my CC and called to confirm with the CSR that I indeed would receive the bonus. Also, the bonus is paid quickly. Opened my account Dec 10, spent $500 by end of Jan and the bonus was available with my Feb statement. With NFCU, I had to wait the full 3 months even though the $2K spend was done in less than 60 days. Then I had to wait another 2 weeks before bonus was credited. Another goody about Chase I learned later. If I add an AU, I'd get an additional $25, which I did. So I got $175. Absolutely wonderful.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.