Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fraud Prevention

tag
k84
Valued Member

Re: Chase Fraud Prevention

@noobody wrote:

to help my friend meet 3k CSP spending requirement, bought 3 big screen tv and 2k security camera system online in a span of 3 days,ship to an address 2000 miles away from billing address, without calling calling chase ahead.

not heard a beep from chase, everying was charged and delivered without incident

very strange

I booked a $3,000 vacation on my CSP a few months ago and heard nothing from Chase. The next day I bought a $5 birthday card at Walmart and came home to a fraud alert email and missed phone call about the Walmart purchase.

Both legit purchases (no unauthorized activity anywhere) but I found it strange they didn't say anything about the large purchase but called about $5. Strange system.

FICO: EQ: 749 | EX: 754 | TU: 776    FAKO: EQ+: 728 | EX+: 728, EX CS: 787 | TU+: 737, TU CK: 754    Gardening until 1/31/2014
Message 11 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@k84 wrote:

@noobody wrote:

to help my friend meet 3k CSP spending requirement, bought 3 big screen tv and 2k security camera system online in a span of 3 days,ship to an address 2000 miles away from billing address, without calling calling chase ahead.

not heard a beep from chase, everying was charged and delivered without incident

very strange

I booked a $3,000 vacation on my CSP a few months ago and heard nothing from Chase. The next day I bought a $5 birthday card at Walmart and came home to a fraud alert email and missed phone call about the Walmart purchase.

Both legit purchases (no unauthorized activity anywhere) but I found it strange they didn't say anything about the large purchase but called about $5. Strange system.

My guess is that Chase & every other lenders have complex monitoring systems, where as when you log on to your account or to purchase something online, it logs & verifies your IP address(es) along w/ other security measures.  For example, I have multiple computers that from time to time when I try to log on to my credit cards account, it takes me to a verification password challenge question page.  So, if there are any purchases made through a random computer w/ different IP address & the location of where it is being purchased doesn't seem right, then it would raise flags.   Just my wild guess,  but I would rather be safe and Chase to prevent from happening. 

::edited for typo::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 12 of 13
rlx01
Established Contributor

Your IP address isn't passed from merchants to CC processors.

IMHO, the Chase fraud system isn't quite at the same level as AMEX. It triggers on normal spend and doesn't on 5K purchases from retailers I've never been to before. Smiley Happy

Generally the systems won't trigger on 1 transaction, but monitor for patterns. They're really not that sophisticated in the world of CNP/online transactions.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.