Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fraud Prevention

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Chase Fraud Prevention

Received a call from Chase on last Friday morning, apparently someone was trying to use my CSP it to make purchases online for a $1.   After verifying a number of recent transaction(s), Chase closed the account and my new CSP (with new number) is on its way.  Just a heads up for everyone to be careful on this holiday season. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Fraud Prevention

Glad it was caught before any damage occurred

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

good to know such banks are looking out for their customers Smiley Happy i got one of those fraud email alerts from chase, but luckily it was my AU going crazy with the charges! lmao

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 13
noobody
Established Contributor

to help my friend meet 3k CSP spending requirement, bought 3 big screen tv and 2k security camera system online in a span of 3 days,ship to an address 2000 miles away from billing address, without calling calling chase ahead.

not heard a beep from chase, everying was charged and delivered without incident

very strange

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 4 of 13
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

I think this is the 2nd fraud report we've seen on these boards in the past couple of weeks.  Guess the scammers are out and about spreading holiday misery.  At least they caught it though and glad it your CSP and not a debit card which would be worse IMHO.

Message 5 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@ForMyBiz wrote:

I think this is the 2nd fraud report we've seen on these boards in the past couple of weeks.  Guess the scammers are out and about spreading holiday misery.  At least they caught it though and glad it your CSP and not a debit card which would be worse IMHO.

Absolutely, I love Chase! 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 13
Transmogrifying_Bee
Frequent Contributor

I received a phone call from the Fraud Department of Chase about a month or two ago, saying that someone in Australia (I'm in Ohio) had tried to charge around $412 on my Chase Amazon account number.  Have no idea how they got my number since I've never used that card in the real physical world, and only a few times on Amazon.com via the internet.  A new card (with new account number) was promptly expedited to me.  Glad the Fraud Department was doing its job!  As to how the would be thief got the credit card account number, one can only speculate . . . !

FICO Score 8: EQ 823 EX 817 TU 825 **** VantageScore 4.0: 825 **** VantageScore 3.0: EQ 823 EX 826 TU 825
TOTAL CL (6 cards): $141.0K **** INQUIRIES 2 yrs (1 yr): EQ 0(1) EX 0(0) TU 0(0) **** UTILIZ: 1 % **** GOAL: FICO Score 8: 840+
r>>
Amex BCE 30K || NASA FCU Rewards Visa 30K || Chase Sapphire Visa Signature 21.5K || PayPal Extras MC 20K
CITI Diamond Preferred MC 25.0K || Discover it 14.5K **** CLOSED 7 cards **** GARDENING since 9-26-2014
Message 7 of 13
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

@noobody wrote:

to help my friend meet 3k CSP spending requirement, bought 3 big screen tv and 2k security camera system online in a span of 3 days,ship to an address 2000 miles away from billing address, without calling calling chase ahead.

not heard a beep from chase, everying was charged and delivered without incident

very strange

That's really strange.

I shopped on Black Friday (right after thanksgiving dinner too) this year and got my CSP data stolen. I think it an AppleBee waiter in Woodbury Commons since that was the only time I used my CSP during the AM hours. The fraudulent charge was $5 for fantasy football.

I woke up the next morning to an email from Chase asking me to confirm the fantasy football charges. They cancelled my acccount and immediately overnighted a new CSP card to me.

Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 8 of 13
p-
Valued Contributor

Corgihound wrote:  Have no idea how they got my number since I've never used that card in the real physical world...

They use number generator that try random account numbers through an algorithm, and when they get the 1 dollar charge approved they add the card to a list of good numbers and go crazy.

Message 9 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Laugh wrote:

@noobody wrote:

very strange

That's really strange.

I shopped on Black Friday (right after thanksgiving dinner too) this year and got my CSP data stolen. I think it an AppleBee waiter in Woodbury Commons since that was the only time I used my CSP during the AM hours. The fraudulent charge was $5 for fantasy football.

I woke up the next morning to an email from Chase asking me to confirm the fantasy football charges. They cancelled my acccount and immediately overnighted a new CSP card to me.

Wow we really gotta watch ourselves literally everywhere...glad Chase caught yours, too.

I should've asked for my CSP to be expedited, but I called yesterday and they told me it was regular shipping (3-5 days).  I thought it would be an automatic overnight delivery.  Still waiting for my replacement, stinks that I have to turn my everyday spending card w/ something else.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.