Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fraud charge take off then get rebill back on

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Fraud charge take off then get rebill back on

Contact chase on twitter,facebook, whatever social media, call the EO, don't leave them alone until it is resolved.
Message 41 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

when I conact Chase customer service can not help me and the matter is being review. 

You can dispute each transaction in question online in your account, but you really need to be speaking with somebody higher up, not the regular customer service reps. Maybe someone in the fraud dept.??

+1000

If it were me and $17k was on the line, I would call every backdoor number in existence until I got to someone who could help me. 

I would also be keeping a detailed log of each and every contact with a Chase employee... I would take down the date/time, the CSRs name, and specifically what was discussed on each and every contact.

That's just me, though.

Has anyone here ever said they'd want you to be their uncle?

Smiley LOL

Message 42 of 60
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

when I conact Chase customer service can not help me and the matter is being review. 

You can dispute each transaction in question online in your account, but you really need to be speaking with somebody higher up, not the regular customer service reps. Maybe someone in the fraud dept.??

+1000

If it were me and $17k was on the line, I would call every backdoor number in existence until I got to someone who could help me. 

I would also be keeping a detailed log of each and every contact with a Chase employee... I would take down the date/time, the CSRs name, and specifically what was discussed on each and every contact.

That's just me, though.

Has anyone here ever said they'd want you to be their uncle?

Smiley LOL

LOL... not yet; maybe I should take the hint?  Smiley LOL

(I promise I'm not that bad... the little ones who do call me 'uncle' seem to think I'm OK Smiley Wink)

Message 43 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just do not know if I pay I would ackowledge the charges belong to me, but i do not pay my credit will take a hit. 

Message 44 of 60
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just do not know if I pay I would ackowledge the charges belong to me, but i do not pay my credit will take a hit. 

You might have a point - the problem is, none of us here can tell one way or another.  It could even make a difference based on the state your billing address is in; it would take somebody with a law background to decipher that.

I'm not trying to discourage you from reaching out on here for assistance - that's what we're all about! - but we know our limitations, and I'm afraid your issue is beyond that point. 

You've received basically the same suggestion from everyone so far, and that's to drive Chase crazy until you get someone who can give you answers.  I wasn't kidding when I said I would be calling every backdoor number there was - I meant it.  Also the suggestion to reach out to Chase on social media (FaceBook, Twitter, etc.) was an excellent one, and many people have been successful in getting to the right person by reaching out in that way.

You've told us that $17k is at stake; that's seventeen-thousand dollars.  If you simply can't get anywhere with Chase (or if they deem you are indeed responsible due to your delay in reporting the loss) you might need to seek out an attorney.  The first visit is usually free, and the attorney's fee will likely be only a fraction of $17k. 

I'm sorry I don't have anything more immediately useful to share with you, but I fear you are wasting precious time on here when you should be actively reaching out either to Chase or worst-case scenario, an attorney.

Message 45 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although this is not a legal advice, despit you were delayed to report to chase (lets assure that the charges were truthfully fraud, not that I did not belive you), you have a strong case to build. What you need is an attorney. You can say many reasons such as you could not contact the bank right away becasue you were in a foregin country where communications were limited, you flew back to States and there was time/day differences, in your original contract with chase they should clearly stated that if the charges were not yours then you were not responsible etc.

By the way you havent mentioned what type of that chase card was. The reason I asked is that each chase card has different services although they are all chase. you will need to find the contract and go to an attorney and speak about your situation. Also alot of people at many instiatutions including chase, espeically front line people are rather incompetence to handle this kind of things. You will need to speak with a senior rep or management from chase.

For example, I have chase premire plat and private client accounts, thus my debit cards are both black and different from the rest. But one time when I went to some local branch they told me that those black debit cards were going to be replaced with normal blue ones. I did not believe a bit so I called the chase and was told that it was never the case and assured me that it was the wrong info. This was just a small thing about what color debit cards should look like. In you case, its is way bigger and you will need to take it seriously. Dont dely and talk to an attorney if you must.

Message 46 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm curious if your card was a chip card?  Were the fraudulent charges chip transactions or swipe transactions?

In addition to other recommendations I'd add that you contact the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau).  The CFPB is a government entity and federal law limits how much liability you have when fraudulent charges occur.  Major banks have special teams that respond to CFPB complaints and they're incentivised to resolve the problem without CFPB involvement.

Good luck.

Message 47 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Chase United Club card. I have the card for 4 years without any problem. 

Message 48 of 60
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Maybe it's just me but I don't sense URGENCY and DESPERATION in any of the OP postings. If it were me (like UncleB said), I'd be blowing up Chase until I get some help instead of posting here (not saying this forum isn't GREAT, it is)....but I am sorry, something is just NOT adding up for me. I do not think the OP is telling us EVERYTHING that transpired thus far. OP did say he/she contacted Chase weeks later and the charges were removed...now suddenly the charges reappeared. What's the reason(s) did Chase list for not acknowledging fraud (other than the card being present)? What are you not telling us? We can't help you if we don't have the full picture and I'm sure we do not. Ultimately we can't help you anyway, you NEED to call Chase and get this resolved if it's truly fraud. Sorry if I sound kinda harsh but I've been following this post since yesterday and I am frustrated because I feel like we're not getting the full story. Anyway, good luck!

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 49 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I agreed with the above post, I too feel that we dont have the full picture of what went wrong or what happened. If it was me in the OP position that my 17k at stake I would be worry. One time, BOA messed up and sent the check of $22k to a car dealship instead of to me, I was runing like a chicken head off lol. And make things even worst the dealership cashed the check after selling the car to someone else!!! that was a nightmare trush me.

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.