Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fraud charge take off then get rebill back on

tag
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Fraud charge take off then get rebill back on

I'm waiting for the OP to come back and update us. Hell if it were me, $500 would have set me off. I once had a $73 fraudulent charge on my Chase Freedom, you bet I was on it until it was removed and resolved....let alone SEVENTEEN GRAND??? Yeah right!
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 51 of 60
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I always give people benefit of the doubt or at least empathize with them but this one post, all I gotta say is yeah right!

Message 52 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have spent two hours every day to conact chase, but the senior executive was either absent or not available and the front line employee can not do any thing. They promised to call me back, but the no one call yet. 

Message 53 of 60
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have spent two hours every day to conact chase, but the senior executive was either absent or not available and the front line employee can not do any thing. They promised to call me back, but the no one call yet. 

so when you said chase had removed the charges initially, who did u deal with? and is this ya first time visiting in Cambodia???

Message 54 of 60
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

LOL, I was so wrong Mr. Endowed 😂😂😂😂😂.

Okay OP so what do you expect us to do? Did you pay the balance yet? Did they shut the card down after reversing the credits?? Please provide us more info as we're left confused.

You reported the charges were fraudulent, they credited them and now they reversed it and expect you to pay up. What exactly happened between them crediting you and asking you to pay up??
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 55 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

They revert it then shut down my credit card. I have not made any payment toward the fradulent charges cause when I ask on legal advice they told me so. 

Message 56 of 60
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@DoroLucky wrote:
LOL, I was so wrong Mr. Endowed 😂😂😂😂😂.

Okay OP so what do you expect us to do? Did you pay the balance yet? Did they shut the card down after reversing the credits?? Please provide us more info as we're left confused.

You reported the charges were fraudulent, they credited them and now they reversed it and expect you to pay up. What exactly happened between them crediting you and asking you to pay up??

Lmfaooo Dorolucky I told you, here we go... look what we got!!!

Now OP it might be helpful if you provide more details regarding the circumstances of this issue. Something musta caused Chase to reverse the credit after temporarily issuing one to your account. Tell us what that letter from Chase stated so we can come up with an idea on how u could get ya money back. Them scammers gotta pay for this honestly Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Message 57 of 60
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They revert it then shut down my credit card. I have not made any payment toward the fradulent charges cause when I ask on legal advice they told me so. 

awww im so sorry to hear that... so what exactly did they buy with the card in the amount of $17k? I know u said luxury items, but that could mean anything so be specific on what was purchased so we can figure out something....

Message 58 of 60
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They revert it then shut down my credit card. I have not made any payment toward the fradulent charges cause when I ask on legal advice they told me so

OP, I'm sorry you're unable to get satisfactory resolution from Chase at this time, but I don't think anybody here will be able to assist you any further. 

Now that you indicate you've (wisely) sought out legal counsel, I advise that you let them handle the issue and serve as your liaison with Chase - that's what they are for.

I feel we've really come to the end of what we can offer here on this thread.

Message 59 of 60
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I agree the OP needs legal advise and as such this thread has in fact run its course and is now closed to further comments.

Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.