Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fraud

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Fraud

My freedom card got compromised twice within less than 2 months! It was scary cos i don't recall any other issue had that so frequent like that.. I don't use my chase freedom card much... gladly both cases were resolved, but I am still scared if any other fraud might happen again soon in the future...

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 41 of 48
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

there is a reason why if you order from Hermes, it doesn't say Hermes on the return label but H.com and why its sealed in complete foil bag instead of the usual flap back on bag packages...or tape over boxes (that can be resealed)...I've seen boxes that are "untampered" with but thats because the employee snuck their hands in and stole...can't describe it but I certainly can show you if we ever met IRL

This may be off-topic but now I'm curious:  What does a sealed foil bag do?  If the FedEx guy opens it and steals the watch, the customer receives an open foil bag left on their doorstep.  Or someone at home signs for it, whatever.  But if the customer opens an UN-tampered foil bag and finds that the watch is missing, now the bag is still opened either way.  What does a now-opened bag prove in either case?

Message 42 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

there is a reason why if you order from Hermes, it doesn't say Hermes on the return label but H.com and why its sealed in complete foil bag instead of the usual flap back on bag packages...or tape over boxes (that can be resealed)...I've seen boxes that are "untampered" with but thats because the employee snuck their hands in and stole...can't describe it but I certainly can show you if we ever met IRL

This may be off-topic but now I'm curious:  What does a sealed foil bag do?  If the FedEx guy opens it and steals the watch, the customer receives an open foil bag left on their doorstep.  Or someone at home signs for it, whatever.  But if the customer opens an UN-tampered foil bag and finds that the watch is missing, now the bag is still opened either way.  What does a now-opened bag prove in either case?

@Agreed @core.  I don't see how these 2 comparisons go together though but that is just me-

Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

core wrote:

Rainafterthesun wrote:

not at all, maybe I wasn't clear in my post.

Fedex (which unlike UPS, is franchised as well as company owned) employees are super smart

They can find ways to steal the item without any tampering...case in point, I can sneak my hand in under the box flap (still sealed) IF the person doesn't seal it properly.  I may be the only one who uses printed tape, and tapes all edges.

The foil bag sealed (without any flap to unflap and reseal with glue) proves theres no tampering.

Hernes requires you to sign for the package (or at least I do). So I am signing for it, and leaving Hermes without the burden of any fault because they've delivered the goods as promised (when and should I try to dispute with the CC company).

However, that doesn't mean they want to be a d**k about it. Otherwise they would just leave it unfoiled and seal the box inside the foil with tape.

Why would the merchant send you a package that is clearly empty?  That doesn't make sense. They have folks on their end that controls that (record of who packaged what).

If the foil bag is opened, I don't think Fedex will deliver it that way...doesn't make sense..can you say awkward?  Even packages damaged by the rain and not handled properly gets tagged that way before it reaches you.

I can't imagine a fedex guy rolling up and handing you a package that is ripped open and you not demanding answers.

A bit silly of Qs yes.

Message 44 of 48
core
Valued Contributor

Well Rainafterthe sun, all I can say is that when the Fedex guy hands me a package I sign for it.  I don't sit there and make him wait while I check every seam to make sure it wasn't taped back together.  Might be different if I was expecting a Rolex and I knew ahead of time how H.com usually packages stuff, but whoever signs for that package might not be me.  I'd be ticked off if I received a package with a rock in it, and this foil bag business doesn't shift the burden anywhere in particular, in my opinion.

One time the Fedex guy delivered my $500 helicopter to the guy next door.  It was signed for illegibly.  I'm sure the Fedex guy would swear in court he dropped it off at the proper address.  What then?  Nah see I just don't see how any of that proves much of anything.  At some point somebody has to take a loss when things go south, regardless of packaging schemes.

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

Well Rainafterthe sun, all I can say is that when the Fedex guy hands me a package I sign for it.  I don't sit there and make him wait while I check every seam to make sure it wasn't taped back together.  Might be different if I was expecting a Rolex and I knew ahead of time how H.com usually packages stuff, but whoever signs for that package might not be me.  I'd be ticked off if I received a package with a rock in it, and this foil bag business doesn't shift the burden anywhere in particular, in my opinion.

One time the Fedex guy delivered my $500 helicopter to the guy next door.  It was signed for illegibly.  I'm sure the Fedex guy would swear in court he dropped it off at the proper address.  What then?  Nah see I just don't see how any of that proves much of anything.  At some point somebody has to take a loss when things go south, regardless of packaging schemes.

You do have a sense of humor with your analogy.Smiley Happy  But good point.

Message 46 of 48
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Accidentally hit post on my phone... Not sure why it would post without any contents >.<

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 47 of 48
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Honestly, I dont know who is behind it all. Could be CC employees, could be the local grocery store stealing numbers or the guy sitting at panera with his laptop and device stealing info from your card as you walk by. I heard those chips broadcast. If they do, I have no idea why someone would make a chip that broadcasts your data when the card is not in use. Information should only be transferedd from the card at the moment the chip makes contact with a device on swipe, betwene card and device,  and not at any other time. But what do I know. Point is, this **bleep** should be more secure than it already is. You cant tell me in this time and day these companies cant find a way to completely secure these credit cards. I kind of refuse to believe that. That's just laziness. Worst thing is, in all the times i have filed a case because my card was accessed, not one time has the issuer ever come backj to me after the investigation to tell me how it happed. Not once. They file it as cased closed and resolved. Two weeks ago someone charged $231 to victoria's secret (i swear it wasnt me) on my ventire1 card. VS recognized it was a fraudulent charge and reversed the charges. Sweet Jesus, when does that ever happen? Usually the credit card company reverses it. So makes you think VS knows what happened? Who did it? Maybe they have the person on camera and capital One would try and get this info from them and let me know? Nope!! Filed as closed and resolved with no answers.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.