Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fraud

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Chase Fraud

This is the second fraud attempt I've had in 3 years across 19 revolving accounts (The first was $1 on one of my C1 Ventures). Heads up, I didn't get a text alert (maybe because Chase caught it and declined the charge). New Ritz Carlton cards on the way.

Anyone know what I should expect on my CR's? I ask because of this line in their response email...

"* We will notify Equifax, TransUnion and Experian that we closed your account as part of our review. Their records should be updated within 60 days."

DATETIME ESTAMOUNTMERCHANTLOCATION OF MERCHANTSTATUS OF TRANSACTION
5/30/20178:49:00 AMAddress VerificationDELIVERY.COMNew York New YorkDeclined
5/30/20178:51:00 AM$466.12SN*MONTHLY REGISTRATIONOnlineDeclined
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Fraud

@elim wrote:

This is the second fraud attempt I've had in 3 years across 19 revolving accounts (The first was $1 on one of my C1 Ventures). Heads up, I didn't get a text alert (maybe because Chase caught it and declined the charge). New Ritz Carlton cards on the way.

Anyone know what I should expect on my CR's? I ask because of this line in their response email...

"* We will notify Equifax, TransUnion and Experian that we closed your account as part of our review. Their records should be updated within 60 days."

When I had fraud on my Ritz a year or so ago I think my email said same thing but nothing changed on my reports other than an account number.

Message 2 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks for sharing Elim, glad Chase caught it in time. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

When I had fraud on my Ritz a year or so ago I think my email said same thing but nothing changed on my reports other than an account number.

Same, it's actually a painless process other than updating autopays.  Fraud on my checking account, that was more irritating... actually the only annoying thing is you lose access to prior statements, so get those like pronto if you care and your account about to be changed for fraud reasons.

        
Message 4 of 6
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@elim wrote:

Same 

Message 5 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

Thanks all

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.