Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freddom EMV out already?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freddom EMV out already?

Is the chase freedom with the emv chip already out. i would like to update mines to that ?

anyone have it 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freddom EMV out already?

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the chase freedom with the emv chip already out. i would like to update mines to that ?

anyone have it 

Yes it's out.

Message 2 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

anyone have it 

Yes it's out.

I think freedom emv has been out for an good 3-6 months. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes, you can ask them and they will send you the EMV version

For what it's worth, I've seen very few stores with the EMV functionality actually turned on at the register. It seems like most have the tech in place, but few are actually enabling it right now, so I don't see the big rush

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yes, you can ask them and they will send you the EMV version

For what it's worth, I've seen very few stores with the EMV functionality actually turned on at the register. It seems like most have the tech in place, but few are actually enabling it right now, so I don't see the big rush

True, but the retailers better start changing over soon.  Time flies and the changeover will be upon them.

Message 5 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Since the liability shift occurs in October (I think), that's probably when we would see the EMV tech turned on and in use at most places, I would think by then you should ensure all of your cards are chipped (if your lender has it). Until then, no reason to rush over it, IMO

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

anyone have it 

I have it!

Message 7 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Honestly they should start turning them on and getting use to them as you don't want to wait until Sept. to turn them on, have issues then be SOL...  Get the bugs worked out if there are any and people trained on how to use them.. The sooner the better, just my 2 cents.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

The deadline is October 2015 and any chargebacks a retailer receives after that will be automatically denied and the retailer will not get to dispute or provide proof if they dont have the updated emv technology.

Message 9 of 19
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, I agree that since the tech is in place in many places, why not turn it on and let people who wanna use it, use it? Iron out the kinks?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even after EMV is mainstream, you will still be able to slide your card?Not that you would want to, but you know how some people are stubborn and hang onto old methods. Because even the EMV cards still have a stripe. Or is the stripe going away completely?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.