Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom 0% APR, No Fee BT Checks

tag
minski
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom 0% APR, No Fee BT Checks

NFCU's 3% for 12 months CD requires you to have direct deposit or payroll allotment with them. 

Certificate owner(s) age 18 and older must have a Direct Deposit of Net Pay or a payroll allotment and a Navy Federal checking account within 90 days of the certificate issue date. If these requirements have not been satisfied by the 90th day, your Special EasyStart Certificate dividend rate will be reduced to the prevailing dividend rate of the standard EasyStart Certificate for the remainder of the certificate's term.

Message 11 of 13
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

I saw that - as well as the $3000.00 maximum for that CD. They offer a 20 month, 2% one as well.

All reasons to support my decision to be content with the $200 from Chase Smiley Tongue
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

100% util will be red flag for probably all your card companies except maybe Capital One might not care Smiley Very Happy

With the $15000 out of $25000 (60%) utilization...

• Chase probably won't AA on your 2 cards with them since they'll see a nice savings amount tied to your account.
  • Amex might get worried but if you don't do anything else that might cause concern like opening up new cards, holding a balance with them or asking for a CLI, then Amex might not react.
  • Chase and Amex and recently Sync appear to be the most sensitive to AA for risky looking behavior.
  • The 2 CUs probably will be slower to react.
  • Discover, I'm not sure.  I've heard then tend to be BT friendly with their own business so might be easy to explain if they did have a review.  And you can surely SP your CL back up if anything.

Personally...I wouldn't do the 100%.  80% maybe.  You are risking yourself just the hassle of having to deal with AA and calls from CC lenders for an extra $100 (@80%) or extra $200 (@100%).

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.