Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom 0% for 15 months Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom 0% for 15 months Question

My Fiancee has a Freedom that she did a BT on back in November of 2015.  The 0% interest for 15 months is up in November.  

Ive never had a 0% promo APR card so i dont know exactly how it works, but say that she doesnt have the entire balance paid off in February when that staement cuts, how will they charge interest? Is it a deferred type deal where she will get nailed with all the interest from the original BT amount? Or will they start charging interest on the balance she has in February?  

Thanks for any help you can give!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom 0% for 15 months Question

0% APR means she has no interest on any of her purchases within those 15 month period. She can buy as much as she likes, carry a balance and as long as she pays the minimum payment each month on time, nothing happens. BUT, after the 15 month period is over, anything that remains a balance is subjected to the APR. So let's say the offer is 0% now and 15% APR later. Her balance will be charge interest after the period ends. Then again, my 0% APR isn't over yet lol. I assume this is how it works!! Lol. I'm almost positive it's right though. 

Message 2 of 4
Appleman
Valued Contributor

You are correct. You have the 15 months of free money. After the 15 months Chase will charge you the current interest rate from that day forward on any balances you carry forward month to month. It will not be retroactive interest say for a Home Depot account special financing. HD often has financing for XX number of months and as long as you pay it off before the end of the 0% interest time you do not owe any interest. Miss it by one day and you owe interest on the entire time from the day of purchase.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

You are correct. You have the 15 months of free money. After the 15 months Chase will charge you the current interest rate from that day forward on any balances you carry forward month to month. It will not be retroactive interest say for a Home Depot account special financing. HD often has financing for XX number of months and as long as you pay it off before the end of the 0% interest time you do not owe any interest. Miss it by one day and you owe interest on the entire time from the day of purchase.

Thank you! Thats what I was hoping it was.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.