Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom $100 Bonus Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom $100 Bonus Questions

Morning! Forgive me but I'm new to bonus offers, rewards etc., and have a couple questions. I've already exceeded the $500 spending requirement Smiley Happy

Will the bonus show up in my account after the next statement? Which is in a couple days. If not how long does it usually take?

Does Chase send out an email alert once the bonus is available?

Is there an option to apply only a partial amount of the cash as a statement credit and save the rest?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom $100 Bonus Questions

Looks like 6-8 weeks from your closing qualifying statement. So could be 3 months.

Cut/paste from https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-freedom.aspx

$100 Bonus
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months.
You will receive 10,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for $100 cash back. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $500 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. ("Purchases" do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.                       

Message 2 of 28
colinstu
Regular Contributor

yup you can specify whatever amount you want to go towards a statement credit. 

FICOs: TU 775 | EQ 784 | EX 773
Amex BCE $15,000 | Discover IT $11,600 | Chase Freedom $7,000 (Visa Sig) | Citi DoubleCash $6,000 (WEMC) | Chase AARP $6,000 | Barclaycard CashForward $4,000 | Barclaycard Rewards $2,000 | Capital One Quicksilver $1,750
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they do it like they did with my CSP bonus, you'll get it at the statement close. I put through the $3000 in the first month and my bonus points hit on my first closing statement.

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. That would be nice but after reading the fine print I wont have a hissy fit if it takes a few months :-D
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

also i believe you can ad a AU, let them make a purchase and you will get the 25 dollars for that also.

Message 7 of 28
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Turbobuick wrote:

Looks like 6-8 weeks from your closing qualifying statement. So could be 3 months.

Cut/paste from https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-freedom.aspx

$100 Bonus
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this consumer credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this consumer credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months.
You will receive 10,000 bonus points with this bonus offer, which can be redeemed for $100 cash back. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make Purchases totaling $500 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. ("Purchases" do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.                       

They Say that so you can't go complaining for it but it usually after the next Statement. Got my Card June 21st and actually gotten it in July with mystatement with the $200 bonus which is 20,000 UR points. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Sad Well doesnt that just suck lemons lol I missed the promotion by a month? Oh well happy to have been approved at all Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the info everyone

Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Sad Well doesnt that just suck lemons lol I missed the promotion by a month? Oh well happy to have been approved at all Smiley Very Happy Thanks for the info everyone

Always check promotions when getting a new cc! thats how you can rack up points fast!

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.