Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom $100 Bonus?

tag
mum4519
Contributor

Chase Freedom $100 Bonus?

Recently got a Freedom and put $500 on it within the first 3 weeks. I am wondering when should I get the 10,000 bonus points so I can redeem for the $100? Thanks!
- In My Wallet -

AMEX BCE $17,000
Wells Fargo Rewards $9,200
Chase Southwest VISA $5,200
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
toful
Established Member

Re: Chase Freedom $100 Bonus?

I got my points when the next statement cur after spending the minimum. It was my first ever bonus and it was awesome! Just trying to figure out how to spend it or hoard it and go for a CSP sometime. Enjoy them!

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 2 of 14
distantarray
Established Contributor

@toful wrote:

I got my points when the next statement cur after spending the minimum. It was my first ever bonus and it was awesome! Just trying to figure out how to spend it or hoard it and go for a CSP sometime. Enjoy them!

it comes as 10,000 points? awesome that i didn't know and I <3 chase lol

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old thread, but I figure there's no harm in hi-jacking it now seeing as how my issue is somewhat related.

So I got my Freedom card back in September and the first statement has cut. I easily managed the $500 minimum spend for the $100 cash (10,000 points) bonus. I logged into my account and lo and behold, no bonus. I sent a SM to Chase and they responded by saying that my account wasn't eliglble for the promo. Obviously I wasn't satisifed; their website clearly still has the offer available.

I pulled out my CSP and called the number, not wanting to deal with the Freedom CSR. Long story short, the CSR escalated my issue to their promo marketing department or some other. She said I should expect some sort of response in 7-10 days, but obviously couldn't guarantee that they'll give me the points.

Has anyone experienced this with this promo? I, as well as the CSR, didn't see any reason why my account would be ineligible. The only way the bonus is negated is if you previously had a Freedom and/or received the bonus in the past, which I haven't.

Message 4 of 14
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know this is an old thread, but I figure there's no harm in hi-jacking it now seeing as how my issue is somewhat related.

So I got my Freedom card back in September and the first statement has cut. I easily managed the $500 minimum spend for the $100 cash (10,000 points) bonus. I logged into my account and lo and behold, no bonus. I sent a SM to Chase and they responded by saying that my account wasn't eliglble for the promo. Obviously I wasn't satisifed; their website clearly still has the offer available.

I pulled out my CSP and called the number, not wanting to deal with the Freedom CSR. Long story short, the CSR escalated my issue to their promo marketing department or some other. She said I should expect some sort of response in 7-10 days, but obviously couldn't guarantee that they'll give me the points.

Has anyone experienced this with this promo? I, as well as the CSR, didn't see any reason why my account would be ineligible. The only way the bonus is negated is if you previously had a Freedom and/or received the bonus in the past, which I haven't.

The only thing that would cause issue in my mind is if you opened an freedom within last two years. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The only thing that would cause issue in my mind is if you opened an freedom within last two years. 

I've never had any Chase-backed cards before this year. I got my CSP in June/July and the Freedom just last month. I'm hoping they'll just say "ah, let's just give him the 10,000 points." I had already planned on using those points for flights, so it'squite the inconvenience.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No issues here. Met the spend before the first statement was due and points were issued. Hope the problem is resolved for you soon
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened my CSP and Freedom within a week of each other (July this year) and received the bonuses for both.

Message 8 of 14
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@toful wrote:

If you want the CSP I would hold onto the points ... you could potionally get a total of around 60,000 points on that card. 10,000 for the Freedom, err is it 2,000 or 5,000 for an AU?, 40,000 for the CSP, and 5,000 for adding an AU

Edit Realized this is a 2 year old thread just now but my statement is the same Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 14
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I signed up in June and got my 20,000 points after my statement.   20,000 was a bonus they gave out for a few weeks in June 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.