Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom $200 Targeted Offer

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom $200 Targeted Offer

A month ago, I convinced my DH to apply for a Chase Freedom card.  He was planning to buy new tires for his car and I remembered that the Freedom was offering $100 cash back for spending $500 (the tires were going to be $700 or so).  His last CC app was last May.  So he app'd and was instantly approved.  Got the card, bought the tires.

Now in yesterday's mail, he received an offer from Chase for $200 cash back for spending $500 in the first 3 months on the Freedom.  I was really irked when I read it.  So I had him call Chase and ask about getting the extra $100 in rewards for the $500 spend.  The CSR told him it wasn't possible.  Smiley Sad

Has anyone had any experience with this type of thing?  Do you think my DH would have better luck by calling Chase's Exec Office or maybe their underwriting?  Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditAce
New Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom $200 Targeted Offer

If you send a secure message through online banking they will adjust the signup bonus for you. When I got my Freedom it was a $100 bonus but then I got a targeted offer for $300. I had already received the 10K UR points and they added another 20K to my account.

Message 2 of 7
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

That's a good idea - thank you!  I will have DH try sending a secure message about it.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 3 of 7
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

@CribDuchess wrote:

A month ago, I convinced my DH to apply for a Chase Freedom card.  He was planning to buy new tires for his car and I remembered that the Freedom was offering $100 cash back for spending $500 (the tires were going to be $700 or so).  His last CC app was last May.  So he app'd and was instantly approved.  Got the card, bought the tires.

Now in yesterday's mail, he received an offer from Chase for $200 cash back for spending $500 in the first 3 months on the Freedom.  I was really irked when I read it.  So I had him call Chase and ask about getting the extra $100 in rewards for the $500 spend.  The CSR told him it wasn't possible.  Smiley Sad

Has anyone had any experience with this type of thing?  Do you think my DH would have better luck by calling Chase's Exec Office or maybe their underwriting?  Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

That's a pretty nice offer! Good luck on getting them to match the offer!

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 4 of 7
YahComb
Established Contributor

I have heard chase gives you 90 days from card opening to find a better promo offer. Maybe that has changed recently?

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 5 of 7
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

I just sent a message in.  I just received a similar offer.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 6 of 7
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Has anyone else received an offer like this recently?

I'm trying to figure out how common this offer is right now...

Thanks in advance for any responses. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.