Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 217
Registered: ‎08-02-2013
0

Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?

Will we ever see the return of the Freedom's $200 sign up bonus?

 

I know Chase had this promotion during November and December of last year and I was wondering how often Chase does this promotion a year. I am now fully confident I can be approved of a Freedom right now, but I also want to make sure I don't get unlucky with any future sign up bonuses.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,654
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?


Jungook wrote:

Will we ever see the return of the Freedom's $200 sign up bonus?

 

I know Chase had this promotion during November and December of last year and I was wondering how often Chase does this promotion a year. I am now fully confident I can be approved of a Freedom right now, but I also want to make sure I don't get unlucky with any future sign up bonuses.


IMO I def. think they'll have either the same promotion or something siimilar.  If the offer went well for Chase, generating lots of $$$ by getting new customers, then why not go at it again?   Just like I'm sure that AMEX will have another awesome bonus signup deals for the PRG sometime this year, which i will definitely jump on when it comes out. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 12,954
Registered: ‎08-13-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?


yudeology101 wrote:

Jungook wrote:

Will we ever see the return of the Freedom's $200 sign up bonus?

 

I know Chase had this promotion during November and December of last year and I was wondering how often Chase does this promotion a year. I am now fully confident I can be approved of a Freedom right now, but I also want to make sure I don't get unlucky with any future sign up bonuses.


IMO I def. think they'll have either the same promotion or something siimilar.  If the offer went well for Chase, generating lots of $$$ by getting new customers, then why not go at it again?   Just like I'm sure that AMEX will have another awesome bonus signup deals for the PRG sometime this year, which i will definitely jump on when it comes out. 


LOL. 101 only place you need to jump is in the Garden Smiley Wink

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (05/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 832 (07/03/2015) EX Fico - 821 ( 05/01/2015 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 16.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 10.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 832 *** EX 821 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,654
Registered: ‎06-21-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?


Wade64 wrote:

yudeology101 wrote:

Jungook wrote:

Will we ever see the return of the Freedom's $200 sign up bonus?

 

I know Chase had this promotion during November and December of last year and I was wondering how often Chase does this promotion a year. I am now fully confident I can be approved of a Freedom right now, but I also want to make sure I don't get unlucky with any future sign up bonuses.


IMO I def. think they'll have either the same promotion or something siimilar.  If the offer went well for Chase, generating lots of $$$ by getting new customers, then why not go at it again?   Just like I'm sure that AMEX will have another awesome bonus signup deals for the PRG sometime this year, which i will definitely jump on when it comes out. 


LOL. 101 only place you need to jump is in the Garden Smiley Wink


huh?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 12,954
Registered: ‎08-13-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?


yudeology101 wrote:

Wade64 wrote:

yudeology101 wrote:

Jungook wrote:

Will we ever see the return of the Freedom's $200 sign up bonus?

 

I know Chase had this promotion during November and December of last year and I was wondering how often Chase does this promotion a year. I am now fully confident I can be approved of a Freedom right now, but I also want to make sure I don't get unlucky with any future sign up bonuses.


IMO I def. think they'll have either the same promotion or something siimilar.  If the offer went well for Chase, generating lots of $$$ by getting new customers, then why not go at it again?   Just like I'm sure that AMEX will have another awesome bonus signup deals for the PRG sometime this year, which i will definitely jump on when it comes out. 


LOL. 101 only place you need to jump is in the Garden Smiley Wink


huh?


you will be ok as a sad lil kitty :smileylol:

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (05/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 832 (07/03/2015) EX Fico - 821 ( 05/01/2015 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 16.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 10.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 832 *** EX 821 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Regular Contributor
Posts: 217
Registered: ‎08-02-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?

Hahaha you guys.

 

So does anyone have past knowledge of how often Chase does the $200 promotion? Or does it look like I'll be waiting till the Christmas season to apply?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 12,954
Registered: ‎08-13-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?


Jungook wrote:

Hahaha you guys.

 

So does anyone have past knowledge of how often Chase does the $200 promotion? Or does it look like I'll be waiting till the Christmas season to apply?


It's really no way to know for sure . Sorry

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (05/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 832 (07/03/2015) EX Fico - 821 ( 05/01/2015 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 16.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 10.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 832 *** EX 821 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Super Contributor
Posts: 11,201
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?

Back in Jan 2012 the sign up was $300!

 

See, e.g. http://millionmilesecrets.com/2012/01/25/300-30000-points-chase-freedom-targeted-75000-points-chase-...   (Note the 75K CSP was targetted, the Freedom $300 was public)

Citi: Forward, AA Select Plat, Double Cash, Dividend. Chase: Amazon, Freedom, CSP. Cap One: 2 x QS. Penfed 2x Plat Rewards. US Bank: Cash Plus. Barclays: Arrival, SM. Amex: BC, BCE, ED. Nasa FCU. Ebates, FIA Fidelity Amex, Discover IT Miles.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 217
Registered: ‎08-02-2013
0

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?

Let's say I were to apply for a Chase Freedom and get approved. How long do I have to call Chase if there is a better sign up bonus offer available in a future? Is the maximum limit 2 months since approval, 3 months?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,259
Registered: ‎03-20-2014
0

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?

Both my father in law and my mother in law received a letter from Chase with the promotion of $200 for Freedom. Like invitation.  They don't bank with Chase. This was last week.

BofA Cash Travel Rewards secured, Discover IT, Amex PRG, JCrew, Chase Freedom, Amex ED, Capital One Venture
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.