Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,179
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category

The first quarter is great for me i will be using all three of those..


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 399
Registered: ‎08-02-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category

I don't drink coffee and rarely go to drugstores. The others might be useful but I won't max them out by a long shot.


Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,179
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category

I work at a drug store and drink alot of starbucks....i


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Blogger
Posts: 2,876
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category

No Best Buy in the 4th quarter? Suckage.

I just purchased a TV and got $35 from the 5% cashback PLUS the 10-10 bonuses.

 

No groceries either? Looks like the BCE is going into heavy rotation mode for me.

At least the Freedom will be seeing usage in the first three quarters. Maybe this will make it easier to decide between Freedom and More.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category

hmmm 1 cup of starbucks nasty generic burned coffee $2 + 10 points = 12 x 10% 13.2x 25% for Chase Sapphire transfer for travel = 16.5 points for a cup of burned nasty coffee still not worth it


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Blogger
Posts: 2,876
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category

Starbucks coffee isn't worth it even if it were free.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,505
Registered: ‎11-11-2010
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category


FrugalRican wrote:

No Best Buy in the 4th quarter? Suckage.

I just purchased a TV and got $35 from the 5% cashback PLUS the 10-10 bonuses.

 

No groceries either? Looks like the BCE is going into heavy rotation mode for me.

At least the Freedom will be seeing usage in the first three quarters. Maybe this will make it easier to decide between Freedom and More.


Best Buy typically does not have the "best" price, if you catch my drift. I bought Panasonic TC-L42ET5 from Amazon for $600, while Best Buy goes for $800 right now (which is $30 more expensive than standard Amazon price, $770). You did compare your price to other sellers right?

 

It does have Amazon.com as 5% category, which I think is better than Best Buy.

 

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category


FrugalRican wrote:

Starbucks coffee isn't worth it even if it were free.


only thing decent there is a green tea frap but that's like 600+ calories and is more like ice cream slush lol, I used to work at one I complained why the coffee tasted like **bleep**. basically they burn the beans on purpose to give it a strong flavor, and people think it's a stronger cup of joe, in reality it drops the caffeine content down so your really getting burned weak coffee. but in seattle where most depressed % of people in America live it makes sense since they want strong to perk them up but think starbucks has the strongest coffee (when it's really otherway around) If you go there the only coffee that's decent is the breakfast blend since it's actually NOT BURNT.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category


trumpet-205 wrote:

FrugalRican wrote:

No Best Buy in the 4th quarter? Suckage.

I just purchased a TV and got $35 from the 5% cashback PLUS the 10-10 bonuses.

 

No groceries either? Looks like the BCE is going into heavy rotation mode for me.

At least the Freedom will be seeing usage in the first three quarters. Maybe this will make it easier to decide between Freedom and More.


Best Buy typically does not have the "best" price, if you catch my drift. I bought Panasonic TC-L42ET5 from Amazon for $600, while Best Buy goes for $800 right now (which is $30 more expensive than standard Amazon price, $770). You did compare your price to other sellers right?

 

It does have Amazon.com as 5% category, which I think is better than Best Buy.

 


also bestbuy recodes their merchandise with the manufacturer. For instance my TV is a 6000 but they renumbered it to 6001 which does not exist besides in bestbuy so NO ONE can price match it lol


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,505
Registered: ‎11-11-2010
0

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category


distantarray wrote:

also bestbuy recodes their merchandise with the manufacturer. For instance my TV is a 6000 but they renumbered it to 6001 which does not exist besides in bestbuy so NO ONE can price match it lol


Oh. This is a new one. Ain't they so smart? lol :smileyvery-happy:

 

One more reason as to why Best Buy is struggling.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.