Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom 2016 Categories are Posted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom 2016 Categories are Posted

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Uber count in Q1?

Actually I believe it does: taxis are included, and if this merchant list from Chase is any indication you should be fine.

Message 31 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Uber count in Q1?

Actually I believe it does: taxis are included, and if this merchant list from Chase is any indication you should be fine.

@Thank.. Nice find.. Although my Cap1 QS @ 20% until Apr 2016 will beat any card for Uber.   Gas it is.. Nothign really exciting but when I can use it for Gas I will enviously although my monthly gas is less that 75$.  So freedom wont see much wallet time.  Guess it will basically be my CSP/Ritz quarter with the SM thrown into it and possibly simply cash if it can find a spot.

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Link is here if anyone wants to take a look themselves...transportation, groceries, restaurants, shopping Smiley Happy

Does Uber count in Q1?

You might want to take another look into it.

Chase user interface is so crappy compared to Discover. Tried to find it for you but I just got my card and I need time to play around with it.

You may also want to check how Uber codes with Visa in comparison with other transportation.

Discover allows Uber and Lyft to be considered in their Q1 transportation category for 2016.

Edit: Nevermind, the guys above me beat me to the punch lol, should've read this page first.

Message 33 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Link is here if anyone wants to take a look themselves...transportation, groceries, restaurants, shopping Smiley Happy

Does Uber count in Q1?

You might want to take another look into it.

Chase user interface is so crappy compared to Discover. Tried to find it for you but I just got my card and I need time to play around with it.

You may also want to check how Uber codes with Visa in comparison with other transportation.

Discover allows Uber and Lyft to be considered in their Q1 transportation category for 2016.

Edit: Nevermind, the guys above me beat me to the punch lol, should've read this page first.

If you have CSP which obviously you don't then Freedom at least for me will beat out Discover.  I value UR's  more than straight cash back or even discover double cashback (which I don't even have).  10% discover for first year is nothing to sneeze at though assuming you are new to discover meaning 1st year double or you snuck in as some on the forum did..  Although I only use Uber for around 50-100 a month lately so overall small spend quarter regardless whether it is Discover or Freedom for me between gas/uber

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I activated for this Qtr, but Discover is way more useful with Double Cash Back for another 11 months.  Freedom still gets some spending as a backup.  

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Uber count in Q1?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Uber count in Q1?

Uber is on the list!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just loaded 1500 dollars of gift card into AMZN and looking forward to loading the same for Uber.

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Uber count in Q1?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Uber count in Q1?

Uber is on the list!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just loaded 1500 dollars of gift card into AMZN and looking forward to loading the same for Uber.

But quicksilver has 20% cashback on all Uber rides until Apr 2016...

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Uber count in Q1?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Uber count in Q1?

Uber is on the list!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But quicksilver has 20% cashback on all Uber rides until Apr 2016...

I have never had or applied for a capital1 card. My parents told me that their customer service is awful (could be subjective). Also unwilling to take a triple pull. I kept on receiving offers from Cap1 in the mail to apply for the quicksilver. Although I do not carry balances, I do remember in the mailed offer the purchase APR was 24.xx% OMG.

Thanks for letting me though I really appreciate it.

Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked Discover it 2016 5% categories and they are being cute ... will only announce as the sign up time comes during the year. Games! Glad I have steady cards like the Citi Double Cash so I don't have to play games. Some of the game players like the Citi Dividend MC and US Bank Cash+ Visa have narrowed the categories so much I have trouble finding usage. Fortunately some of you have way bigger spends and it works for you!

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.