cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom 29.99% APR Indefinitely??? CSP?

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom 29.99% APR Indefinitely??? CSP?

@tk_0014 wrote:

Well, somewhere between December 2008 and January 2009, I did something to irritate chase and get stuck with the penalty APR. I Don't remember what it was, and it's not evident on my statement facimilies. Maybe I was late, but if I was, it wasn't reported to credit bureau.

Anyway, I never really cared, but I realized how much money I have been throwing away and started PIF around the start of this year. I would like to work toward getting the penalty rate removed.

CSR said no way she could do it at this point.

Researching on the internet, I found this: https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?card=F54L&page_type=appterms

It pretty clearly says indefinitely, and it says that it will effect OTHER ACCOUNTS! Does this slash my dreams of getting a CSP? (Or any chase product for that matter?)

I would like to CLI for utilization reasons but if I can never get a APR reduction there is not really a point.

This is one of my oldest TL, dating back to 11/1/06 so I would rather not close it.

Cat Sad

Did you ever find out what triggered the penalty APR?

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 21 of 26
tk_0014
Established Member

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@tk_0014 wrote:

Well, somewhere between December 2008 and January 2009, I did something to irritate chase and get stuck with the penalty APR. I Don't remember what it was, and it's not evident on my statement facimilies. Maybe I was late, but if I was, it wasn't reported to credit bureau.

Anyway, I never really cared, but I realized how much money I have been throwing away and started PIF around the start of this year. I would like to work toward getting the penalty rate removed.

Researching on the internet, I found this: https://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?card=F54L&page_type=appterms

It pretty clearly says indefinitely, and it says that it will effect OTHER ACCOUNTS! Does this slash my dreams of getting a CSP? (Or any chase product for that matter?)

I would like to CLI for utilization reasons but if I can never get a APR reduction there is not really a point.

This is one of my oldest TL, dating back to 11/1/06 so I would rather not close it.

Cat Sad

Yeah, it appears that I went over limit, but paid down before it posted. I had to total up my charges and payments to see it.

I guess it's a good deterrent to carrying a balance.

MyFICO (4/13) EQ score 733 CK TU score 6/13 754 FCR EX 4/13 736

CU overdraft protection CL $500 Freedom $3000 CSP $8000 BofA 123Cash Reward $3000 C1 QS1 $1250, C1 QS $5500 PP Cred $2950 Amex BCP $19500 DISC IT: $14,100 Home Depot $8000
Message 22 of 26
JonStur
Established Contributor

@Laugh wrote:
Really?

Has anyone received an apr other than 15.24%? I think it has more to do with the prime rate.

Sorry. On the iPad so I can't quote.

Download Atomic Web, and identify as a different browser... I'm on it on my ipad now....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 23 of 26
JonStur
Established Contributor

@tk_0014 wrote:

@indiolatino61 wrote:

@tk_0014 wrote:

Cat Sad

Yeah, it appears that I went over limit, but paid down before it posted. I had to total up my charges and payments to see it.

I guess it's a good deterrent to carrying a balance.

Hopefully time will heal this wound....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 24 of 26
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Not the exact same situation but for what it's worth here's mine:  I had a WAMU card Chase bought and jacked the rate to 28.xx% when I had done nothing wrong.  They will not under any circumstance adjust it, even with a 750+ FICO.  So what I did was get a Slate card and moved $4500 of the $5k credit line over to it.  Leaves me enough to use for the 5% stuff and let me move all of my outstanding CC debt to 0% for 18 months.

Message 25 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

To OP: going over limit shouldn't result in default apr rates. I have went over limit several times now without any sort of penalty.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.