Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom..4 years and still not CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom..4 years and still not CLI

My friend called the chase backdoor number a few days ago. He has been a customer for a few years. He called and said he wanted a higher limit. They offered him 5000 more without a HP. He asked for 10000 more and they said they would need to pull his report. They did and told him he will recieve an answer in 7 days. 2 days later he logged on his account and it was approved. 

Dont lose hope

Message 11 of 31
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

If you have the profile the EO will give you an increase no problem... they increased two of my chase cards 2 years back that were trapped at low limits with a softy.

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have had mine almost 4 years and nothing lol. chase doesn't like us
Message 13 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@forceedge99 wrote:

Yes that's what I'm looking for, an auto increase.

not looking for a hard pull at the moment.

but you're  suggesting to max the card out?

Yes. that is exactly what im suggesting. and let it report the balance as well. Remember. utilization has no memory. by only using it for 75 a month. you are not showing a need for a cli. it appears that seems to be fine. Other way is to max that puppy. and pay 3 to 5 times minimum. and keep maxing. without paying in full. and more than likely they will see the need. or the computer will.

Are you saying OP should carry a balance (and pay interest) or just let a balance report (in which case I don't get 3-5 minimum)?

Message 14 of 31
dwz55
Regular Contributor

I was stuck at 1500$ for 7 years, I was running over 2000$ a month on the card and still nothing. I finally bit the the bullet and took a hard pull.  anThey increased me to 4100 I kept maxing it out for 6 months and they gave me an auto cli to 9000.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've found the easiest thing to do with Chase is get a new card and move the limit over, and cancel the card you don't want. You can't do this too frequently, though.

With heavy usage they definitely give larger HP CLI's, I went from $6,500 to $10,000 on my Freedom and $5,000 to $8,000 on my CSP this week, although no luck with APR reductions.

I have never received a SP CLI from Chase.

ive thought of going that route 'get a new card and move the limit over, and cancel the card you don't want'' but in my case i was going to apply Chase Sapphire Preferred which ive heard is a great companionship with Freedom in terms of cashing out Chase ultimate rewards points... also... canceling out the card you no longer want could baclfire and hurt you if it happns to be one of your oldest account i.e my capitol one card is 3 years andi do not want it but i have to keep it active or my age of accounts drops to 1 year Smiley Tongue  

Message 16 of 31
forceedge99
Contributor

Well I guess I'm going to try calling the Black door number hoping to receive something.
If not, I'll just start maxing the card out and see what happens lol
BCE - 12k
Cap 1 QuickSilver - 1.75k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Your FICO® score at Equifax is 725 (Update: Increased to 751) =]
Message 17 of 31
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@forceedge99 wrote:

Chase Freedom..4 years and still not CLI

No creditor simply hands out CLI's in exchange for time.  If you're not getting CLI's then your credit and income do not qualify against the creditor's underwriting criteria.  You can either self-evaluate your own credit or request a CLI and see what they state as their reason(s) for denial keeping in mind that they're not always so straightforward.

Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've found the easiest thing to do with Chase is get a new card and move the limit over, and cancel the card you don't want. You can't do this too frequently, though.

With heavy usage they definitely give larger HP CLI's, I went from $6,500 to $10,000 on my Freedom and $5,000 to $8,000 on my CSP this week, although no luck with APR reductions.

I have never received a SP CLI from Chase.

ive thought of going that route 'get a new card and move the limit over, and cancel the card you don't want'' but in my case i was going to apply Chase Sapphire Preferred which ive heard is a great companionship with Freedom in terms of cashing out Chase ultimate rewards points... also... canceling out the card you no longer want could baclfire and hurt you if it happns to be one of your oldest account i.e my capitol one card is 3 years andi do not want it but i have to keep it active or my age of accounts drops to 1 year Smiley Tongue  

That's not how AAoA works, that card will stay on your report for 10 years and still factor into your score (Credit Karma is not a true score, they don't factor in closed accounts).  Now, if the card in question has no AF, generally no reason to close it (run a charge through it every couple months so it doesn't get closed for you).

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got an auto CLI on my Freedom at the 6 month mark. 4.5K to 5.5K. 

I maxed out the categories first quarter (grocery stores) and almost maxed out last quarter (eating out) but currently was sitting at $0 when this auto-CLI hit. It was also after I just got CLIs on my Amex and Cash+ cards. 

Maybe that helps. 

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.