Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - 4th Quarter Activation is up. - Mod please merge

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Chase Freedom - 4th Quarter Activation is up. - Mod please merge

Just noticed the 4th quarter Freedom Activation is up.  Don't forget to activate it.  Please merge with http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-4th-quarter-5-categories/td-p/4233885 as I didn't know a post already happened. Thank you

freedom.JPG

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - 4th Quarter Activation is up.

Why bother? Those categories suck.

Although I could stock up on diapers and try to sell them on the black market in Venezuela...I'd make a fortune.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol. it's always good to activate regardless of category
Message 3 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Amazon UR's are worth more than SM's cash back to me personally.. Along with probably others on the forums.  Amazon is the only worthwhile one for me personally.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

truth. only thing i would use over the freedom for amazon is discover for the double cash back promo. thanks for the reminder though CC
Message 5 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
truth. only thing i would use over the freedom for amazon is discover for the double cash back promo. thanks for the reminder though CC

Well it appears another thread my of pointed this out that I missed.. Please feel free to merge it mods or close this one..

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Chase-4th-quarter-5-categories/td-p/4233885

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:

Why bother? Those categories suck.

Although I could stock up on diapers and try to sell them on the black market in Venezuela...I'd make a fortune.

I think you're a little late to the party on that one, Oil prices started dropping months ago. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 20
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Transfers are irrelevant if the 5 percent categories are lame. 5 percent on diapers lol, even if you transfer the points, is useless for many people.
Message 8 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:
Transfers are irrelevant if the 5 percent categories are lame. 5 percent on diapers lol, even if you transfer the points, is useless for many people.

Agree categories suck other than amazon..  I think alot of people would rather have UR's than cash back especially if they don't have double cash from discover promo.  Many people prefer one way and other such as myself value UR's more than cash.  No simple answer.  Just cause you don't doesn't mean they aren't worth more and I am sure alot of ppl with the Freedom/CSP combo will be using freedom vs. discover.  Honestly the only online stores I shop on is well Amazon.. Anyways, think the point has been made that certain ppl prefer certain things aka cash which is still available by the freedom and some ppl prefer UR's like myself.. The categories are laughable other than amazon though.

Message 9 of 20
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Im not talking about URs vs cash back per se. Whatever you do with the points doesnt matter if the ways to get them (the categories) are not useful. Thats my point. Quarter after quarter discover tends to have broader categories IMO
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.