cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom 5% Bonus Categories going away?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom 5% Bonus Categories going away?

@corradovr6 wrote:

i've never been in the situation that a card gets discontinued and it gets automaticly turned into something else. i'm guessing it's not eligible for the sign up bonuses?

The few PCs that I've had over the years, both voluntary and involuntary, have never had the signup bonus. So I don't think you'll get the bonus if your CF is PC'd to a CFU. I'm curious if this does happen what they'll do to the cards where people already have both the CF and CFU Smiley Indifferent 

Message 41 of 47
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The few PCs that I've had over the years, both voluntary and involuntary, have never had the signup bonus. So I don't think you'll get the bonus if your CF is PC'd to a CFU. I'm curious if this does happen what they'll do to the cards where people already have both the CF and CFU Smiley Indifferent 

That shouldn't be an issue.   In the past some people have had two (and possibly more) Freedoms, in some cases one Visa and one MC from the time these were different products, and in other cases from PCs from other cards.   So I don't think Chase will be concerned if people are forced to have 2 or more FUs, especially as there is no high reward rate with a cap involved.

Message 42 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That shouldn't be an issue.   In the past some people have had two (and possibly more) Freedoms, in some cases one Visa and one MC from the time these were different products, and in other cases from PCs from other cards.   So I don't think Chase will be concerned if people are forced to have 2 or more FUs, especially as there is no high reward rate with a cap involved.

I might actually PC the Freedom to a Slate if they end up canceling the Freedom. This would at least give me a FICO score. I don't really have a need for 2 CFUs. 

Message 43 of 47
BtheDiva

I don't know that the 5% percent veersion is totally going away, but I did receive an offer in the mail for the 1.5% version just a few days ago. I already have the 5% version so I didn't pay much attention to it. 

I hate having to remember to sign up and then which categories are when. But 1.5% isn't very much. I'd prefer something with tiers like BofA Cash Rewards or Amex BCE/BCP.

Message 44 of 47
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

I just saw this article on DoC about a memo from Chase confirming that the Freedom is not being discontinued.

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-memo-freedom-card-stay/

Sorry if the link doesn't work, I'm on my phone.
Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing I am glad to see this and hope it remains true!!
Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this, deltatee! Fingers crossed, hope that it stays for the long term.

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.