cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom 5%. Where yall going to eat this weekend?

tag
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom 5%. Where yall going to eat this weekend?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondered where all people are going.

I have lost count of how many ppl I have seen
lately pull out a freedom card in various 
restuarants.

THE BARS

What? Don't judge me. Finals week is fast approaching.

Message 31 of 61
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

My guy and I are staying local this entire quarter - Greenwich Village. Last weekend La Ripaille, this weekend, Philip Marie... So many weekends, so many great restaurants.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 32 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to eat the melting pot in a few weeks!
Message 33 of 61
signaturecardmember
Frequent Contributor

I tend to use my IT over Freedom when the catagories overlap the same, which might be weird since i love UR Points so much lol.

Started: 4/14 Bank of America Signature $6k, 85% Utilization, 745 Fako
Currently: 6/18 Bank of America Signature $99.9k, Chase Slate $0, Chase Freedom Signature $2.5k, American Express Gold NSL, American Express Everyday $6k, Lowes GE $0 (From $35k), Discover IT $38.5k, Capital One Quicksilver $5k, Barclays US Airways $24k, DCU Platinum $30k, PenFed Promise $47k, Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature (From CSP) $50k, Chase AARP Signature $7.5k, American Express Blue Cash $7.5k, Citi American Airlines Platinum $10.5k, Capital One Venture Signature $30k, Chase Sapphire Preferred (From Reserve) $12k, Chase Ink Business Preferred $10k, Barclays Aviator Business $14k. Total Available Credit: Over $350k, Utilization 4%, AAoA 7 Years, TU Fico 799, EX Fico 727
Message 34 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Staying in this week and weekend since we were on vacation to visit college friends last week in Kansas and we leave for Key West on Tuesday for my brother's wedding a week from today.  The best part on top of the 5% CB for food, is the wifey and I both have 0% interest until January.  She also has a Freedom so when we likely top off my card this quarter for food, we'll switch food spending to hers.  I think I'm already at $30 cash back and we're 17 days in lol.  I'm sure that trip to Kansas definitely helped us earn cash back faster than we normally would.  Plus my Flagship card is at $45 (if redeemed for travel) mostly from that trip before we hit April 1st...

Add on a NFCU 0% balance transfer offer which we'll be using to move our hotel and rental car expenses to after maximizing on points which makes me a super happy camper and I can keep my New Years resolution going (not paying a cent in credit card interest this year)

Hopefully this is the view from our room Smiley Very Happy

Oz

Message 35 of 61
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

IN N OUT BURGER

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 36 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

umm.. I had NO idea bars fall in the 5% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised

Message 37 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Family night! We chose favorite seafood place, it looks like a hole in the wall, but the best !  20lbs of crawfish is just one portion. I've got $142 in rewards so far. Of course this does include my signing bonus and first statement.

Message 38 of 61
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

umm.. I had NO idea bars fall in the 5% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Surprised

Be careful with this one.  I'm not 100% how Chase distinguishes, but I know my Citi card (also a Visa) distinguishes between Bars and Restaurants that have a bar.  The former gets base 1%, while the latter gets the full 5%.  

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 39 of 61
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I'm thinking of getting some Jamaican Ital food - to break the monotony of my diet Mon-Fri lol Smiley Very Happy

Followed by a visit to an awesome local vegan bakery!
800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 40 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.