Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

Chase Freedom 5% card

I took a look at the Chase Freedom 5% cash back with quarterly bonus categories.

Is that card necessarily a Signature Visa? It would be best if at least the high balance is used for the utililzation.

When it comes to wishful thinking vs reality, wishful thinking wins.
Established Contributor
jefftca925

Re: Chase Freedom 5% card

Depends on the issuing limit.  If its at least 5k you'll get the siggy.  Less than that you'll get the regular card.  They like to give out siggy cards though..mo money mo money!!

CCs: Chase Freedom World MC 6.9k, CSP VISA Sg 7k, BofA Amex 12.5k, Discover 10.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 12.5k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 9.2k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom Visa Sg 10k, Amex Zync, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR Visa Sg 17k, Amex BCP 9.5k, Amex Blue 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 4k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR Visa 44.6k, Chase United Visa Sg 13k, Chase Marriott Visa Sg 8k, Citi Simplicity 11.4k, PayPal MC 5k, Compass Visa 4k, WF Visa Sg 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 10.8k, Capital One QS Visa 3k, FRN MC 12k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Barclay Arrival 10k, Ebates Visa Sg 8k FICOs as of June '14...EQ 808 TU 804 EX ?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Hmmm, if a CLI will turn my Freedom into a siggy or World card, I think I'm OK with my $3,500 CL after all!

I'm getting ready to lose the $18K CL on my BofA card (changed to World.) I probably don't need to lose any more.

I do get the 5% for online shopping / 3% rotating categories, so I've finally made peace with Chase. For now.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
my-own-fico

That brings up the interesting question: which no annual fee visa/mc cards report credit limits? There must be some!

When it comes to wishful thinking vs reality, wishful thinking wins.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

my-own-fico wrote:

That brings up the interesting question: which no annual fee visa/mc cards report credit limits? There must be some!

It's more a question of which Visa Signature/ MC World cards do report CL's.

My USAA World MC does report. Waiting to see what the BofA does.

From what I've read here, it seems like more Worlds report than do Sigs, but we've had reports of a couple of Sigs that report.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+