Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom APR% Reduction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom APR% Reduction

I checked my Chase Freedom account this morning and noticed they had reduced my APR% from 20.24% to 13.24%. I rarely use my Chase card because the credit limit is a joke ($1,500, when all my other limits are $10K-$20K) and the APR was always outrageously high.

I did not request the rate reduction, they did it automatically. My FICO's are all in the 750-800 range now and have been for some time. Yet Chase has never, ever given me an auto CLI.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom APR% Reduction

@Anonymous wrote:

I checked my Chase Freedom account this morning and noticed they had reduced my APR% from 20.24% to 13.24%. I rarely use my Chase card because the credit limit is a joke ($1,500, when all my other limits are $10K-$20K) and the APR was always outrageously high.

I did not request the rate reduction, they did it automatically. My FICO's are all in the 750-800 range now and have been for some time. Yet Chase has never, ever given me an auto CLI.

Well, that is a great start. Now they need to bump up your CL. How long have you had the card? Maybe it's time to give Chase CSR a call and let them know how you feel. There could of been a computer glitched when you apped that started you off with a low CL. With your Fico where it is...I would be surprise if they turn you down. Just be persistance....GL.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom APR% Reduction

Sure was nice of them to reduce your annual percentage rate percent Smiley Wink

Seriously though, I'd much prefer that kind of APR reduction than a $10k CLI.  CLIs are much easier to get it seems.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.