Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom APR Reduction?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom APR Reduction?

So, as some of you know I am FINALLY done charging anything on this card, it was maxed out for 3 years but finally paying it down currently at (5901/7000).

I didnt even know this was a possibility before, but can I call Chase and see if they can lower my APR? its currently at 16.49%.

What all goes into that? do they d a HP or SP? Do they look at how much $$ I already gave them?

Any clarification would help greatly.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom APR Reduction?

To make it simple for you, don't waste any time attempting it. Chase simply does not lower APRs. Be grateful you aren't stuck at 24 percent, but unfortunately, they won't lower it.
Message 2 of 4
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:
To make it simple for you, don't waste any time attempting it. Chase simply does not lower APRs. Be grateful you aren't stuck at 24 percent, but unfortunately, they won't lower it.

My Amazon Visa is stuck in the 20's but it doesn't make a difference since I pay in full. It does bother me a little bit that is my only card over 20% APR but then I remind myself that I'm not paying them any interest fees.

Message 3 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Interesting to know that they don't even really consider it. Was not aware of this.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.