Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom App - Denied - Recon Later

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom App - Denied - Recon Later

@kwazziee wrote:

I say wait and apply again at a later time when your utl is below 10%. This way you will not be getting a toy limit.

Not necessarily. I apped for the Freedom when my UTL was at 24% and was instantly approved at $3k

OP, you have to wait until your new balances begin to show up on your credit report before reapplying. If you call about that app you previously submitted, they will have to pull your credit again and if they see the same info as before, they will not approve you and you'll have wasted an additional HP. I'd wait for your UTL to be 30% or lower before reapplying again.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 16
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

YMMV, for optimal results I would get your uti in the teens.  If your not scared to waste an HP and your sure your uti has updated with the berue's go for it.  I would rather  not give them any reason to deny, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 12 of 16
JL421

I was going to recon or reapply on the 22nd, when everything reports on my CR, I'm wondering if I should actually recon, or just submit another app. I'm thinking the recon would give me a better chance as a reapp would probably require me to recon anyway.

Message 13 of 16
Denny33142
Regular Contributor

Unless you get a significant boost from paying down your Utilization i would not waste another hardpull on a recon.

Message 14 of 16
JL421

Well, I got my util down to 27% and reapplied when equifax reported... 

They pulling experian and I got a two week wait...

Well called in, got asked a couple of verification questions and "Welcome to the Chase Family, you're approved for $3,000"

They almost doubled my previous max limit.

Also got approved for a $700 Sams store car... 

Onward to gardening... 

Message 15 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@JL421 wrote:

Well, I got my util down to 27% and reapplied when equifax reported... 

They pulling experian and I got a two week wait...

Well called in, got asked a couple of verification questions and "Welcome to the Chase Family, you're approved for $3,000"

They almost doubled my previous max limit.

Also got approved for a $700 Sams store car... 

Onward to gardening... 

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.