Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom App - Denied - Recon Later

[ Edited ]

kwazziee wrote:

I say wait and apply again at a later time when your utl is below 10%. This way you will not be getting a toy limit.

Not necessarily. I apped for the Freedom when my UTL was at 24% and was instantly approved at $3k

OP, you have to wait until your new balances begin to show up on your credit report before reapplying. If you call about that app you previously submitted, they will have to pull your credit again and if they see the same info as before, they will not approve you and you'll have wasted an additional HP. I'd wait for your UTL to be 30% or lower before reapplying again.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Established Contributor

YMMV, for optimal results I would get your uti in the teens.  If your not scared to waste an HP and your sure your uti has updated with the berue's go for it.  I would rather  not give them any reason to deny, GL.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k

I was going to recon or reapply on the 22nd, when everything reports on my CR, I'm wondering if I should actually recon, or just submit another app. I'm thinking the recon would give me a better chance as a reapp would probably require me to recon anyway.

Regular Contributor

Unless you get a significant boost from paying down your Utilization i would not waste another hardpull on a recon.

Well, I got my util down to 27% and reapplied when equifax reported... 

They pulling experian and I got a two week wait...

Well called in, got asked a couple of verification questions and "Welcome to the Chase Family, you're approved for $3,000"

They almost doubled my previous max limit.

Also got approved for a $700 Sams store car... 

Onward to gardening... 

Valued Contributor

JL421 wrote:

Well, I got my util down to 27% and reapplied when equifax reported... 

They pulling experian and I got a two week wait...

Well called in, got asked a couple of verification questions and "Welcome to the Chase Family, you're approved for $3,000"

They almost doubled my previous max limit.

Also got approved for a $700 Sams store car... 

Onward to gardening... 

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.