Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - App Question 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom - App Question 2

Hi All,

This is a follow-up to my previous post on this subject.

I am still trying to determine if it's better for me or my wife to apply for the Chase Freedom card.  One of us will be applying with the other being the AU.  The goal here is to get the highest limit, not necessarily approval.  Below are some specs:

Me

Nordstrom Plat - $15,000 limit / $90 balance; Cap1 - $6,000 limit / $200 balance; HSBC - $1,050 limit / $200 balance; Auto loan - paid; Mortgage - current- 1.5 yrs old; AAoA - 5.5 years; I am also an AU on the following: BofA Visa $25,000 limit / $0.00 balance & Chase Visa $10,000 limit / $0.00 balance. EQ - 780, TU - 772, EX - ??

Her:

BofA MC $16,000.00 limit / $200 balance, Cap1 - $5000 limit / $150 balance; Mortgage (same as me); AAoA 5 years.  Scores are about the same as mine.

Any input is appreciated,

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom - App Question 2

I would have your wife apply for the Freedom and add you as an AU and you should apply for the Sapphire Prefered and add your wife.

That way you end up with the 5% on Freedom categories and would get the 30,000 points from Freedom and the more usable 50,000 points from the Sapphire. (Google these for links to bonus point applications.)

I don't imagine either of you getting a low limit on either card. Both of your scores are good and you both have high exisiting limits. 

This is just my opinion but I don't think Freedom is a top tier card like the Sapphire and thus may not have an extrememly high opening limit. (Although they may match your existing Chase card.)

If you're trying to save EX inquiries and don't want two cards then I'd suggest that you apply.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - good advice.

I don't think we want two cards, so with that in mind would it make more sense for me to apply for the Freedom or Sapphire?  I don't like the preferred because of the annual fee.

Thanks

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Freedom currently has a $300 bonus available for spending $500 in the first three months so that's better than the regular Sapphire at 25k points so I'd say go with the Freedom.

Google "Chase Freedom $300" to find a link to that offer.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.